Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Staycation Adventures...

I am on vacation from work all week. I started my adventures last week at the end of the week with a quick trip to our local Salvation Army, a tiny antique shop called Mart's Treasures, and a little consignment shop called the Seagull's Nest. I didn't end up buying anything at any of those places, but it was nice to get out-especially since we had a guy in the house working on our bathroom drywall.

I always find it awkward to have someone in the house working on something. I feel like I need to be friendly  and talk to them, but if I talk to them, they can't work, and I'm sure they'd like to get the job done and be gone as quickly as possible-but if I don't talk to them, I feel like I'm being rude. So, for me, it's easier if I just leave and let Mr. BHTS deal with it.

On Saturday, I spent a few hours with some volunteers at our church making fresh fruit salad for our big Easter Breakfast. Sunday was the actual breakfast and then dinner for my family. Yesterday, my only adventure was to go to the store to pick up a birthday cake and ice cream to take to my youngest at work (I took it to him when I went there for my volleyball game). It was his 20th birthday. No more teenagers in our house! I think I felt older when he turned 10 than I do now that he is 20.

Today, I went to the Swan Creek Candle Outlet in Dundee, Blissfield Antiques in Blissfield, The Gallery Antiques in Tecumseh, The Hitching Post Antiques in Tecumseh, an antique store in Manchester that was closed, The Chelsea Antique Mall, and Treasuremart in Ann Arbor.

 Great view at the rear entrance to Swan Creek Candle.


 The basement and upper floor is rented out as antique mall space. The main floor is the candle store. 


Blissfield Antiques...a lot of changes since I was there last. Looks like new dealers, and new displays. It was a very pleasant surprise. In years past you could go years and see the same things in the same places. I was sad to see that the cafe between the two malls is closed. I loved to eat there because they served their food on Fiesta.

 The Gallery in Tecumseh-soon to move across the street to a bigger store. 

Hitching Post, Tecumseh

 Manchester Antiques-too bad they were closed!


 Chelsea Antiques Mall-small but very friendly staff.

Treasure Mart!

It was a great day to be out and about-lots of blue skies and sunshine, and it even got up 55 degrees!! I only bought things at the first stop and the last stop. I found out about The Gallery from a blog friend. They are moving across the street in the next month or so, to a bigger location-I hope to make another trip later this summer to check it out.

Tonight is more volleyball, and tomorrow is another adventure! I almost went to the Maumee Antique Mall today, but decided to wait until Auntie is able to go with me.

These are some of the fun things I saw today...

 Fork easel-I think I'm going to try to make some of these!

 What a fun suitcase! 

 This actually looked much better in person-it was a great display-it twinkled.

 WOW! $90 for the set...that's wayy too high!

 I didn't see a price tag-I wonder if someone rode it to work today?!?

 Interesting way to attach glassware to the post for repurposed vintage glassware flowers.

 So true-the time to buy is when you see it!


 Largest collection of this pattern I've ever seen!

 LOVE the little guy on the top!

 My wishlist-collapsible metal laundry basket.

 Oh, if only I had the room!!!

 Super mint condition with the mini accessories!!


Hoping to make some of these this summer!

This is what came home with me today...



3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun! That sign is SO true -- I seem to never forget the 'ones that got away'. I've finally learned to buy it when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the square green-handled cookie cutter. I'll be on the lookout for it to add to my collection now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet finds! I actually love the vintage cloth you are using as 'backdrop" for your finds. Love me some green handled kitchen items!!!

    ReplyDelete