Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

2014 Michigan (and surrounding areas) Flea Markets, Festivals, Sales and Antique and Collectible Malls and Shops---My Favorites!

I guess I'm a little behind on this list, but I'm glad I'm behind, because I get to add in some new places that I just found this year! Every year, I make a list of my favorites and share them here so you can go and enjoy them as well. This is my new list of favorites for 2014. They are listed below in random order starting with festivals flea markets and sales.

1.  Michigan Antique & Collectibles Festival in Midland and Davisburg (NEW LOCATION). With over 1000 dealers on over 80 acres in Midland and 5 indoor buildings in Davisburg-you get your junkin fix along with a good workout! Admission is $6 per person. This year's dates: Davisburg - May 3-4 and Oct 4-5, Midland - May 31- June 1, July 19-20, and September 20-21. Opens at 8am on Saturday, 9 am on Sunday.


2. Warren's Greatest Garage Sale in a parking structure at Warren's city hall. I haven't  been to this sale for a couple of years, but the last time I went, admission was only $1 per person and if you can think of it, it will probably be there! This year's dates are May 25-26. Opens at 10am.

3. Flat Rock Historical Society Flea Market at the Flat Rock Speedway. Free admission and parking-with up to 300 vendors. This year is their 70th semi-annual flea market. Their usual dates are the first Sunday in May and the first Sunday in October 7am-7pm. May 4th is this year's first market. I haven't been to this sale in a few years, but I do remember stopping at a fun antique mall very nearby.

4. Greenmead Flea Market located on the historic Greenmead Farm in Livonia. They don't have their 2014 dates posted yet, but I am assuming they will be Sunday, June 1 and Sunday, September 7-same as it has been the last few years. Admission is $2 per person and they have up to 175 vendors.

5. Royal Oak Parking Structure Sale located in the 6th and Lafayette parking structure.  I can't find the 2014 dates, but I am assuming they will be July 13-14-admission is $2 per person. I haven't been to this sale for a few years, but the first time I went was over 10 years ago!

6. Williamston Antiques Open House March 22 and I am assuming another half outside/half inside sale in June-like last year, and years prior. They have a great Christmas open house too. They make the atmosphere fun and have lots of free yummy food!

7. Mega Mall Summer Flea Market located in the parking lot of the Mega Mall in Lansing. It is on the third Sunday of the month April-October 10am-3pm. This is a really FUN flea market! With sales inside as well. 


8. Ingham County Superfest Flea Market &  Sale located on the Ingham County Fairgrounds. This sale already happened Feb 1-2. I haven't been for a few years, but hoping to catch it next year. 

9. Michigan's Yard Sale Trail located along US 12 Heritage Trail August 8-10. I LOVE this sale!! I've done it several times and plan to do it every year!

10. World's Longest Yard Sale or 127 Sale from Gasden, Alabama to Hudson, Michigan. 2014 dates--August 7-10. I haven't done this sale since 2008-I've wanted to go back every year, but things keep popping up to keep me away. I hope to get back to it this year!

11. Springfield Antiques Extravaganza located in Springfield, Ohio. This event boasts up to 2500 vendors all in one location! I've been wanting to go for a long time, maybe this year will be the year I finally make it! May 16-18 and September 19-21. Admission $5.

Antique and Collectibles Malls and Shops:

1. Maumee Antique Mall located in Maumee, Ohio. Huge mall with over 300 dealers. Great variety and reasonable prices. This is a new favorite. I plan to visit a few times a year. If it were closer, I'd visit more often!

2. Mega Mall located in Lansing, Michigan. Very big mall with new, vintage, old, and handmade items. Has a cafe inside. This is one of my favorites! I try to visit it at least 4 times per year. If it were closer, I'd be there at least once a month!

3. Maple Street Mall located in Mason, Michigan. This is a new to me antique mall, but I loved the time I spent there! Great selection, with very reasonable prices and VERY friendly staff! They made the shopping experience a very pleasant one. I'm already planning my next visit, and planning to take friends!

4. Columbia Street Mall located in Mason, Michigan. This is another new to me antique mall. I went on a very cold winter day, and part of this mall is in a big unheated building! I rushed through to keep from freezing, but I am already planning my next visit.

5. Fratz Consignment located in Fenton, Michigan. This is a great consignment store where you will find old and new and everything in between. Sometimes you have to dig to find a treasure, sometimes it's just sitting there waiting for you. Like most consignment stores, they have a price discount after a certain number of days, and at this popular place, shoppers line up to get the deals on mark down days. This is a regular stop for me.

6. Antiques, Art & Collectibles located in Pellston, Michigan. This place is my every summer, must stop place! Whenever I visit my parents in the Upper Peninsula, I always try to find time to stop and shop here! I love this store and have gotten some great deals in the main store and in their bargain attic.

7. Knightsbridge Antique Mall located in Northville, Michigan. This is another of my regular stops. I try to get there every few months. There is a wide variety of things to look and and buy. the owners have always been very kind, welcoming and knowledgeable and willing to take time to talk with you.

8. Odd Fellows located in Berkley, Michigan, this is a new to me shop, and I'm glad I finally made it there this year! I am already planning my next visit. There are two levels of vintage and very old treasures to be found.

9. The Little Red School House Antique Mall located in Lansing, Michigan is a great place to find what you are looking for. With two big rooms of booths filled with antiques and crafty items. I'm looking forward to another visit real soon!

10. Treasuremart located in Ann Arbor, Michigan near Kerrytown, this three level consignement shop has it all! From antiques to collectibles to vintage clothing, linens artwork, and furniture. I've gotten some great treasures here, and every time I'm even close to Ann Arbor, I try to figure out a way to squeeze in a stop. Parking is really difficult here, but it is well worth the walk if you have to park far away.

11. Antique Warehouse located in Saginaw, Michigan. I've spent many hours in this mall as I drive to and from my parents house to mine. It's a great way to break up a long drive. They have lots to look at and lots of great variety with great prices.

12. Collette's Vintage located in Davison, Michigan, it is inside of an old Harley Davidson motorcycle showroom. This place is HUGE! They have weekend artisans like glass blowers and blacksmiths demonstrating their art and flea market vendors on Saturdays.

14. Six Corners Antiques located between Howell and Fowlerville, Michigan this is a small space, but each booth is always stocked and ready for shoppers to look for treasures. It is off the beaten path, so it isn't as busy as some, and the music they play (at least every time I've been there) has been pretty loud and mostly hard rock-it doesn't make for a pleasant shopping experience, but if you can block it out, you will find some fun things.

That's it! That's my list of must visit Flea Markets, Festivals, Sales and Antique shops and malls. Hope you can check some of them out for yourself. Send me an email if you 

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I wanted to give you a heads up that CouponsDaily.com has named you as one of the year's "10 Best Bargain Blogs." The rankings were published this morning, and we'll be promoting it on-site and through other social media channels over the coming days.

    You can view your write-up here: http://www.couponsdaily.com/blog/10-best-bargain-blogs/

    You have the bragging rights, so feel free to share the news on your blog and with your followers! Let me know if I can be of any help in promoting the news.

    Can I send you a badge recognizing that you made the list?

    Have a great day,
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thank you for such an informative post! I literally took notes and stuck them to my fridge to reference all summer long.

    I was really hoping you could help me with something. I am (relatively) new to Michigan, and I am looking for shops that offer used furniture for very reasonable prices, kind of along the lines of Habitat for Humanity's ReStore. I live in Royal Oak but who doesn't mind traveling for a bargain?? I was wondering, can you tell me if any of these markets, or any shops that you know of, have more furniture than others? Might be a loaded question, but it seems to me if anyone out there would know, it would be you!!

    Thanks again for compiling such a comprehensive list, have a great day!

    -Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I heard they are no longer having the Royal Oak Parking Structure Sale. I was so disappointed to hear this, I really enjoyed going to this sale.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete