Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hartland Antique Show

Last weekend was the weekend for the big antique show at the old Hartland High School in Hartland, Michigan. My good junkin buddy Auntie from Kitschy Vintage and I have gone on and off for years and we love it! This year we got a little bit of a late start, but I really don't think we missed anything. Usually, we are standing in a mob of people waiting for the doors to open so we can pay our $4 to get in. Sometimes people are pushing, shoving and line-hopping-they must think there's gold nuggets hidden in there for how some of them act! This year, we got to by-pass the craziness and walk right in!

They changed the entrance, so I think that helped with things too. Our fellow junkin buddy Jennifer had a booth at the sale and every time we walked by it, it looked like it was packed with shoppers! I hope she had a great day. She had a most amazing, vintage wire triple hat stand at an incredibly low price! As we were leaving a couple was holding it and talking about hanging it from their ceiling and putting light bulbs in it to make it into an industrial looking light fixture. I wonder if they bought it.

I picked up a yellow and white tablecloth at a corner booth inside the gym and a bright, chartreuse green tablecloth from a couple of ladies that we've seen at several of our regular junkin adventures over the years. They even include printed washing instructions with every linen purchase for newbies! I don't necessarily agree with what they suggest (I would never, ever add bleach), but it's nice of them to be helpful.

These are my new tablecloths:

I am always thrilled when I can find new vintage tablecloths in bright colors in styles or patterns that I don't already have or haven't ever seen before!

This antique show happens every year and even though it's not huge, we usually find treasures to bring home-so mark your calendar for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment