Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

End of Vacation Adventures

When we got home from our trip, we still had 5 days left before we had to be back at work, so the first couple of days were spent doing laundry and catching up on things and errands. The last couple days were spent having fun!

On Friday, we took a trip to Maumee, Ohio and visited the Maumee Antique Mall. This is a huge place, with tons of booths. It had been a while since I'd visited so it was fun to see what new things had popped up in the booths. Believe it or not, some of the booths, still had the same stuff, in the same spots from my last visit, and a couple of them had the same stuff in the same spots for the past couple of years! I call those booths museums or storage units, because it's either priced too high, like museums or it's junk that nobody wants and it's cheaper to pay booth rent, than storage unit rent.

I am happy to say, I was able to check two bowls off my wish list! My set of tan striped Pyrex bowls is now complete, and my set of Federal turquoise diamond bowls only has one to go before it is complete!

We decided we were hungry when we were leaving, so we thought about going to Tony Packo's again for a real visit, not just a run in grab a quick lunch and eat it on the way home kind of deal, like we did last summer on our trip out east. So, I typed it into my GPS and off we went! The first location ended up being a vacant lot. So, I tried it again. This time, it took us to the one by the ballpark. I didn't have good cell service, so I had to rely on my GPS, and this wasn't the one I was hoping to find, but we decided to stay and eat.

The counter help was awesome! They recognized us newbies right off the bat, and were very helpful and friendly. Mr. ordered the "Feast" which is a cabbage roll, chili and a chili dog. I ordered the 2 dog special with fries.

We were both stuffed when we left! Boy, was it good though!!  I hope some day I can talk Auntie into trying it so she can tell me how it compares with her beloved Skyline chili.

On Saturday, I spent a good portion of the day dusting, organizing and rearranging my Pyrex display shelves. I liked the old display, but it was getting messy with all the newer add-ins and it had been that way a while, so it was time for a change.

I kept telling myself, "It's all fun and games, until you have to dust!" UGH! I hate dusting...I'll admit it...and I dust as little as possible, but there comes a time when you just HAVE to, and it was time. So, I killed two birds with one stone. Dusting away dust bunnies and spiders (our sun room is a spider magnet! It is so crazy how many spiders make their home in our sun room. Any ideas on how to deter them from setting up their dinner table on my glassware? They seem to love Fiesta and Pyrex, because we don't have spiders in any other place of our house.

On Sunday, we went to Brooklyn, Mi to visit at my nephew's house. His parents were there, and the five of us had a great time puttering around on his pontoon boat on his lake. The time flew by way too fast, as it always does when you're having fun, and before we knew it, it was time to head home.

Is it just me, or do you ever have a hard time sleeping the night before your first day back to work after vacation? Ugh! I don't think I was thinking about work, but for some reason, I just couldn't fall asleep and stay asleep.

I was surprised at how little work had piled up for me while I was gone, and by this morning, I was out of jobs to do, but still had 3 more hours to work. Never fear! One of the directors that I work for was able to come up with some busy work, so that I got my hours in.

I can't believe how fast this week flew by! Here it is the start of my weekend off and it feels like I just went back! Let's just hope the work days fly and the days off float for the rest of the summer!

Happy Hunting friends! I hope you're having a fun summer-making lots of memories, laughing and being with the ones you love!!

Here are some pics from our adventures last weekend...


This old quilt has seen better days...I can't justify keeping it in my cabinet any more, since I got the new ones in Cheboygan while on vacation, but I can't make myself toss it out either! What can you do with an old beat up quilt? I thought about making it into a bag/liner for my granny cart, but it's heavy and very threadbare...any ideas?




 This metal cabinet started in my sunroom, In the corner. then it moved between two of the big windows on the west side of the room, but the bright sun (and even not-so-bright sun) was fading my quilts, so I moved it into the spare bedroom closet next to my pie safe ala tablecloths. It's a perfect fit!





So, moving the cabinet out, led to some rearranging-not so much on this side, just a little cobweb patrol.



This side pretty much got a complete overhaul! The only things in the same spots are the primaries (top left) and the spacesavers (lower right). Everything else got moved and dusted and rearranged.


I was all set to get glass in the bottom cabinet door frames (the outside doors), but Mr suggested chicken wire..so I'm tying to decide which to go with. What do you think I should choose? what would look good?


Just the beginning of pulling things out and putting like things together

Here are the two that got checked off my wish list! Bought at Maumee Antique Mall.

This is going to stay in the spare bedroom until Christmas time...it's for someone I know who collects this pattern/style enamelware. It was from Swan Creek Candle's Antique shop.



Here are all the fun things that I saw at Maumee Antique Mall...as you will see, Pyrex is alive and well in Maumee!














Who knew people would sell their squished pennies!



Pretty sure that's a repro, but not market...buyer beware!

I just love these old formica tables!






I have an old dresser in the garage that is very similar to the shorter one on the right. I really want to try this...I think the Graphics Fairy has a DIY How to on her site for this. Might be my next project!



This is just to show Mr that "other people" do hang things like this on the wall as a shelf.



Lunchtime! Tony Packo's by the ballpark!


This whole tray represents their "Feast". It was all just for Mr, who usually isn't a big eater all in one sitting.


My lunch-two coney dogs!

He ate it all!!

When we got home, a park nearby was having a classic car show fundraiser...we only lasted about 5 minutes and the rain came. It came in buckets! I felt bad because it had to close down after only about one hour.








But what a gorgeous rainbow that came after the rain!



On Vineyard Lake, in Brooklyn, Mi on my nephew's boat.

Very narrow, no wake passage way to the lake from the marina, but the lily pads were amazing!





The giant flag at the park near our house.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow!again...Your shelves look wonderful! You have the most amazing amount of vintage kitchen glass!

    ReplyDelete