Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Quick Trip to Burton

Last Friday, I woke up and shortly there after, I ended up on the phone twice for a long time, each time,  with two different people, so I got off to a late start. By the time I was done, I sent a quick text to Auntie to see if she was up for a quick adventure. She was already out and about, and I still had a shower to take!

We met an hour later at our usual spot and took off for Burton and Collette's Vintage. We haven't been there for a while, we haven't been out treasure hunting anywhere for a while, so it was nice to catch up and laugh!

Laughter really is the best medicine! We both had lots of things that we needed to fill each other in on, since we saw each other last, and we did just that over lunch.  We talked it all out and had a few chuckles and a few belly laughs along with our fries.

I went home with a different attitude, a lighter spirit, and a spring in my step. I am still smiling-almost a week later as I remember some of the belly laughs!

I only bought one thing...a gorgeous vintage tablecloth...you know, because I don't have any...ahem...enough...LOL



Isn't it just lovely?!?!

1 comment:

  1. After our thrifting today, I got out of the car singing ♪ ♪ ♪ "Oh how happy you have made me, oh how happy you have made me ♪ ♪ ♪." You can probably go to you tube and find it if you dare. Maybe you and Auntie have your own theme song? We found some great stuff, and we had a great time looking. I like to look at practically EVERYTHING, while my sidekick doesn't take as long. She just finds a book to buy, finds a chair and starts reading. If I need to ok things with her, I bring it to her eventually and we talk about it. It works for us. Glad you had fun "solving the world's problems".

    ReplyDelete