Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

New Adventures on Etsy!

I finally got through listing about 90% of the vintage linens that I wanted to sell on Etsy. They have been flying out of the shop! I have been having so much FUN selling and watching my collection hoard go down!
Today, I took the plunge and listed my first pieces of breakable things! I'm feeling somewhere between excited and wanting to throw up! I've had great success with porch pick ups through Facebook Marketplace, but wanted to move things a little faster, so I thought I'd give it a try on Etsy.

These are the 3 things that I'm dipping my toes in with:



Last July, when I hurt my back, I had decided to sell 78 pieces of Pyrex a ton of tablecloths, hankies, scarves and other miscellaneous vintage items. After a bunch of porch pick-ups and local meet ups, I wanted to see where I'm at. I can already tell a HUGE difference in my spare bedroom, but didn't have any idea of how many things are gone, until today!

Hankies: 65-mostly sold as grab bags with multiple items in one bag
Hankies on Etsy: 4
Scarves on Etsy: 2
Aprons on Etsy: 1
Napkins on Etsy: 4
Quilt: 1
Hot pads & Doilies: 49 sold as grab bags with multiple items in one bag
Misc. Items: 7
Tablecloths: 2
Tablecloths on Etsy: 52
Vintage Christmas Misc.: 80 sold to just 2 people!
Vintage Pyrex: 57-WOWZA! I had no idea!

That adds up to 324 items that are out of my house!!! Woo Hoo!!! Don't ask me to add up what I'm keeping-LOL!  Yes, I realize hotpads, hankies, doilies and the Christmas things didn't take up much room but all combined, they did!

I have to admit, clearing things out feels good! I'm evening clearing out my clothes and getting rid of things I haven't worn in years and looking at what else I can clear out! Once I get through listing the rest of the Pyrex and other vintage glassware, I'll go through everything again for the second round of downsizing. It may or may not produce anything else to get rid of, but I'm looking forward to it!

We donated 20 board games to the church youth department. It was so funny pulling them out with my youngest son. He judged everything by the box. If it was a vintage game, he immediately turned his nose up at it. One particular game, I said I didn't want to get rid of until we played it, because it looked fun. So, we immediately had to play it (his choice). We both loved it and it stayed!

In early July, I sold my vintage pie safe. Yesterday, I got a text from a guy from church offering to sell me his pie safe! I very easily said no thanks! That felt GOOD!!!

Hope you're having a great weekend so far!
Have a great week!!

If you want to take a look at my Etsy shop: Myvintagefascination is my shop name. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment