Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Almost Time to go Back to Work!

I can't believe how fast time flies!!! I know I've said it before, many times before, and every time I say it, I really mean it!! Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my surgery and on Monday, I return to work and most of my normal routine. I'm feeling back to normal. I feel like I can do everything I was doing before the surgery, but there are still restrictions-for another 4 weeks.

The part that is killing me the most is not being able to play volleyball. Mr, and my oldest son are changing their clothes and getting ready to head out the door to our usual Tuesday night game, and I'm sitting on the couch. I know I can't see the things on the inside that still need to heal, and that is the reason for the extended rest time, but it sure is tough waiting!!

I've been driving since one week after, and have had a great time living life by my own schedule. My family has benefited too because I've cleaned and organized closets and cupboards and have been making big meals for dinner-all because I have the time to do it! I've even baked a couple of pies!

My first antiquing trip was 10 days out. I went to two local antique malls with Mr.. I walked through them both and felt great. I wasn't tired or worn out-and even though I didn't buy anything, it was fun to get out and look.

Since then, I've been to the Maple Street Mall in Mason, Mega Mall, and The Little Red Schoolhouse in Lansing, and the Antiques Warehouse in Saginaw (on the way home from my parents Thanksgiving weekend).

Thanksgiving weekend was great! All four of us were able to be off work, and we all went to my parents house in the Upper Peninsula. At first, we thought we'd have to drive two cars and arrive and leave in shifts, but at the last minute, it worked that we were all able to ride together.

We laughed a lot during the car ride-both ways. I soaked it all in, because I'm thinking that our trip might be the last we all take in the same vehicle, at the same time. If not the last, it will probably be a long time before we can do it all together again.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was Cookie Day at my cousin's house. It was our second annual Cookie Day, and it was so much fun! We all made 8 dozen cookies, and since there were 8 of us, we got 8 dozen or so of a great variety of cookies to take home. It was so much fun, I'm hoping to get us all together more often in the coming year than just the one time.

Today, I went into work for about an hour and half for a meeting. It was great to see everyone again! I'll be glad to get back to a normal routine, but will also be sad to give up the freedom of doing what I want, when I want.

Thank you all so much for the emails and cards, checking in on me! They really mean a LOT, and I REALLY appreciate every single one of you for taking the time to think of me and/or pray for me and contacting me--THANK YOU!!!!

Here are some photos of the past couple of weeks in my life...
 My first post-surgery outing (day 4) with my youngest. He took me through the drive thru at KFC. 

 Mr's birthday lunch at Red Robin.

 We had to put a shaker on the napkins to hold them down-we were seated under a vent that was hurricane force! They were packed that day and there weren't any extra tables.

 Homemade blueberry pie.

The next few items were in a giant box of individually wrapped vintage goodies from my cousin's MIL. It was like Christmas morning for Mr. He had a blast opening each bundle.









He also got a giant jar of old keys, and skeleton keys, that was the best part of the treasure box!

 This was a super cheap online find. Sometimes I get lucky throwing in a starting bid price and ignoring it until I got the email that I won!

 It fits right in with the individual creamer. 

 I have all of the colors I want in the individual creamers and nut cups except for original green. 

 I actually volunteered to make a run to Lowe's at about 2 1/2 weeks, to buy a replacement spark plug for our snow blower-just to get out of the house! Look what I found!!! LOVE them!!!

 While cleaning out the spare bedroom, I found these plates and this server. Should I paint it, or leave it gold? If I paint it, what color should I pick??

 The day I went into the spare bedroom to clean it out...I sat on the floor for a minute to make a plan for some serious clearing/cleaning time. The second I sat down, this little peanut popped onto my lap. 

The next few shots are from our trip to the U.P. for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely gorgeous!! The snow hung on the trees and powerlines and it was so quiet and peaceful...the pictures don't even begin to do it justice. 























The next few pictures are of our second annual Cookie Day! My cousins and I spending the Saturday after Thanksgiving baking cookies, laughing, and hanging out--FUN times!!

















After my fork incident (when my Kitchen Kraft fork jumped off the cabinet and broke), I found a plexiglass holder that will display them better and protect them from from future mishaps. I'm still so very thankful to my blog friend Chanelle, for finding me a new fork!!! THANKS Chanelle!!!

This was the first snow at our house, early in my recuperating time. This was my view from the sun room windows. 


After sitting around the house so much, I found many things that needed moving, tweaking, dusting, organizing...this is my pie safe, it was in the living room, overwhelming the room. I cleared it out and got  my guys to move it to the spare bedroom.

 This room used to be my oldest son's room. He got creative after he graduated high school and did a custom paint job on the walls.He's moved downstairs to our finished walk-out basement, while he commutes to college. I've yet to enforce the "your're going to repaint this room when you move out" lecture. I'm not sure if I want to do a really pale pink, or an off white color-so it sits as he left it. 

Aprons going back in.

 All the quilts and tablecloths going back in. 

About 2 weeks post-op, I went to our church to try to help with set-up for a major Women's Ministry event. I started by putting some lettering on a banner, and when that went well, I jumped in and started helping with pipe and drape and room organization. I lasted only about 2 1/2 hours. I stopped 
at a table to look at a set-up map and immediately felt like I could pass out on the floor! I reached my limit, and was worried I might not be able to drive myself home! It was kind of scary!! I made it-slow and steady and back roads. 

This is part of the giant display in the middle of the gym. 

The grasses were incorporated in the display. 

This was the finished display. 

One weekend, Mr. wanted to go to a gun show at the Ingham County Fairgrounds, so I tagged along and while he was drooling over guns and knives, I went into Mason and wandered around the Maple Street Mall. I just LOVE this building! Every time I visit Mason, I love to see this.


It's a really quaint downtown, with a feeling of going back in time. 


These next pics are things that I saw while wandering around the mall. 
 What a great idea for an old window! I'd like to try this with one of my old windows!!

I LOVE ornaments in jars!!!

After I wandered a while, and picked Mr up, we went to Mega Mall and the Little Red Schoolhouse. 


A lot of booths were having sales. This Saturday is their Christmas Open House...I'm hoping to make another visit. 

I always find lots of Pyrex at Mega Mall. 

This pile of Pyre came home with me to join my collection.  



The hotpads and apron came from a local estate sale. On the last day, in the last hours. Worth $1 to me!! Glad I stopped!


The next pics are things I found while clearing out the spare room. I have a few ideas for using the items in repurpose projects. The card game has all the cards and the instructions. I've never heard of it, and found it inside another game box that I bought at a garage sale in the U.P. last summer. I'm looking forward to trying to play the game with my guys when they are free from college over Christmas break. 




On the way home from our Thanksgiving trip, we stopped at the Antique Warehouse in Saginaw-to "stretch our legs", and let the guys run into town for lunch at Culver's. I got the stink-eye and questioned again because I was cruising through at a quick pace. I knew what I was looking for, and I knew the general location of my favorite booths, so I wasn't wasting any time. The worker who questioned my this time, wasn't as friendly as the guy last fall. I guess they aren't used to people making a quick stop in the middle of their road trips. 

I bought a really cool old purple bottle. I forgot to snap a pic of it though-oops! 

That's what has been going on around here for the past few weeks. I've also been hunting for a dress to wear to my nephew's wedding on the 20th and trying to find a suit and dress shoes for a 6'5 20 year old who wears a size 15 shoe! I think we finally found what we need-what an adventure that was! :)

Monday will be here before I know it-so I'm going to try to soak in all of the living without working freedom that I can in the next few days. 

Hope you're having a great week, and I hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving with your family and friends-making lots of new memories,sharing good food, lots of laughs and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment