Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Good Times!

I haven't been in blogland for a while. I've been soaking up the good times with family and friends, and enjoying every minute.

We finally have a girl in the family! My youngest nephew got married a couple of weeks ago. He is in the Coast Guard so they will be moving to the west coast. I finally get a niece, and she's moving far away.




 My parents came into town twice in the past couple of weeks. Once for a family Christmas party and once for Christmas Eve and Day with us. Their trips are so short and the time goes by so fast...I wish they lived closer! I took my mom for a pedicure to thank her for taking care of my house the first couple of days when I had my surgery.

We found a new place that was wonderful!! It was clean and the staff was friendly and even though they were short-handed and swamped-they didn't cut corners or rush through.We will go back!

My mom brought her sewing machine and together, we pieced a large bag of hand-stitched quilt squares (that I got a couple of years ago at a garage sale) and I sewed them into a queen-size and a twin-size quilt tops. I haven't used a sewing machine for years, and highly doubted my ability to sew a straight line, (Are you surprised Auntie? I did it!!) but it all came back to me and we zipped them off in a few hours. I don't plan to finish the quilts-I like them just as they are and they look great in my old pie safe.

We had three squares left over. I need a creative idea for them...

My boys have been enjoying the time off from classes. They've been having friends over a lot! I've been enjoying the camaraderie and the laughs. I even got to play cards with them one night! It's so much fun to hear the laughter and shouts from the basement! Tonight, a couple of them tried their hand at sushi making. It started out a little rough, but by the end, I was helping, and the three of us ended up doing a pretty good job.

 Have you ever played Shanghai Rummy? It's a lot of fun and a great game for a crowd!

Making sushi with the sushezi. It really is easy and works great!




 The first one-it looked really rough!


 This one had salmon, tofu and crab.



 The final two rolls-not too shabby! 

Smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber.

Last Saturday, Mr. and I took a long adventure. We drove to Findlay,Ohio to Jeffries Antiques. I forgot it was Saturday. I was just feeling cabin fever, and wanting to get out of the house and see some vintage goodness. It was packed!!! I've never been there when it was so busy! I found a few things, and then we moved on to the Maumee Antique Mall. It too was very crowded but another fun place to wander through with lots to look at.


We stopped for lunch in Perrysburg and found a Chik-fil-a-YUMMM!!!

On the way home, I dropped him off at Cabela's and I took a quick trip to the Swan Creek Candle Outlet in Dundee. I love their antique shop in the basement and on the second floor. The selection is always good and the prices are great.

I've gone out to lunch with friends and caught up, and today I had a great lunch date with my cousins. The last few weeks have been full of laughter, love and great memories and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

I hope your last few weeks were rich in laughter, love and great memories too!!

These are my treasures from our treasure-hunting adventure...
I kept thinking I was reading the tag on this Texasware bowl wrong. It was priced at about a third of what they usually sell for. 

 This lovely bowl is about as close to mint as you can get!

 All of this was from Swan Creek. I LOVE the table!!! I'm looking forward to getting some material to go around it.

I think I'm becoming addicted to cobalt glass bottles. I can't get enough!

Here are some random shots...


 This was at Maumee...an old bed springs with Christmas lights-I LOVE this so much!!

 I need more corners in my house! I am addicted to corner cabinets!!!

 A beautiful sunrise on my way to work the other day. 


 The sweet little face that is always following me around and watching everything I do-I LOVE this girl!!


I only got a few Christmas decor shots-I got busy and forgot to snap pics of the rest.





Wishing you all a very Happy New Year with good health, lots of love, laughter and great memories!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are out and about and having some wonderful time with family and friends. Throw in some good junk hunting and I would say you've had a fabulous last few weeks!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete