Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A New Project!

For over a year now, I've been wanting to try a project that I first read about on a blog called "My Repurposed Life". I've picked up a few headboards and foot boards here and there over the past year, and ended up giving one away to someone who needed one for their daughter, one is out in the barn (not sure that it's the right type for this project) and another one that I just picked up today at a local consignment shop.

The first one was free, the second was $4, and the last one was 75% off so it was $10. It was a little higher than I would have liked to have spent (I'm sure you've figured out by now how cheap I am!), but it was one of those things that kept popping up in my head. You see, I actually saw it yesterday on a quick trip to the local consignment shop. I saw that it was 75% off, but thought it was still too high. I kept thinking about it all night and then this morning  I talked Kevin into going with me to take a look at it.

Since he's going to be doing the woodworking part, he needed to make the decision. We bought it and brought it home, and now he's out in the barn working his magic. He's been dying for a fun project for a while now. If it turns out, how I hope it will turn out, we will put it in the booth and see what happens. Hopefully we will have a chance to make and sell a bunch of them!

Here's a before shot...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished project! Be sure to share. Looks like a great buy compared to these parts of the country!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! I can't wait to see it either!!! I hope it turns out like I'm imagining it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete