Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Countdown is ON!!!

Yesterday turned out to be a huge success for my friend Linda. Her daughter's party was a big hit, it didn't rain, and even though it was miserably hot, there was a nice breeze that made it bearable. She was feeling strong and looked great.  I got to hang out and visit with two other ladies from work for several hours as we manned the food tables and the kitchen so Linda could enjoy herself, and we had lots to chat about-it was fun!

Today had already proven to be a busy day too! First was church, where our pastor did an amazing job on the sermon for Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to you!), then I loaded in a couple of huge bins of stuff in the booth and cleaned it up.  When I left, the mall was hopping with people-hopefully they are in the mood to buy some stuff!!

After the booth, I took Kevin out for Father's Day lunch, and I've been dusting, cleaning and doing laundry since I got home. Right now, I'm taking a little break from dusting to stop by my favorite blogs to see what you all have been up to lately! My mind keeps wandering to thoughts of Eric and the team of students and leaders who left bright and early this morning for their mission trip.

The bus was expected to pull out at 4:30 am, and since he's on the maintenance team at the church, he had to get there early to unlock the building and deactivate the alarm-just in case anyone needed to get in. I'm sure he didn't sleep very well last night. I sure didn't! I kept waking up-worried that he'd over sleep! They should just about be to their destination-it's supposed to be about a 12 hour drive.

So now, our final countdown is on! We have exactly 6 more days to finish all of the little projects that we've started. For the most part, we are doing really well, and things are coming along nicely. I got the flower beds all put together, planted and mulched, but now the weeds are starting--ugh! I hate weeding! That's on my list for this week. Along with dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, washing, wiping, and food making.

When I checked the extended forecast this morning for next Sunday, I was sad to see they were predicting a 40% chance of rain. I just checked it again and it is down to 10% chance of rain! Woo Hoooo!!!  We just need to survive the prep work and the party and then it is vacation time!!! Still don't have a clue as to what we are going to do--that's another thing on the list for this week-plan the vacation!

So, as you can see, I'm still buried in graduation stuff, but slowing digging out and getting to the top of the sand pile of all of that stuff, and looking forward to some down time to catch up on my favorite blogs and put my feet up! I hope to hit a few sales on Thursday and Friday-Saturday is "cook all day", day, so no sales on Saturday. So, if you get out this weekend, hit a couple extra sales for me!!

Take care friends! Have a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment