Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Can trees get confused?

One of my Magnolia trees is confused! It has a giant bud that is ready to bloom and a second one close behind! How can this happen? I thought the whole tree was dead last spring. the whole middle section just dried up and died, while a couple outside branches looked like they were close behind.

I cut the middle down in an effort to try to save the whole tree, but for the longest time, it looked like it was going to die anyway. Then just the other day, I noticed this...

I hope it does bloom! I'd love to see it-especially with everything else drying up and dying right now.

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! It may have been 'shocked' last year and gone dormant until now. I think it would be a good question for County Extension -- Gretchen V would know the answer...

    ReplyDelete