Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Feeding My Vintage Bowl Addiction!

Last Friday when I hung out with my blog friend Marie, we discovered that we both need a 12 step program for our bowl addiction! I don't know what it is, but I LOVE bowls! I have a hard time walking away from a fun, new to me, vintage design bowl. Crazy isn't it?

CONFESSION: We have so many bowls around our house, that I stopped counting at 30! All but one set of the bowls that I use on a daily basis are vintage. All of the bowls I have sitting around on shelves or out on display are vintage.

Don't you just wish Pyrex would start producing a new line of bowls with a nod toward the old brightly colored vintage bowls?? I think I would be the first person in line should that ever happen! I even sent them an email about a year ago suggesting they consider it.

I just got a couple of packages in the mail...yes..I needed these, I couldn't live without them. Now, I am on the hunt to finish the sets of each! Wish me luck!




The first picture is the first 3 out of 4 of Pyrex opal in the 400 series. When I first saw the opal color, I was very skeptical. I thought it as a bowl that used to be colored that went through the dishwasher too many times and lost all of the color. A little research was very helpful to dispel my doubts. Opal was indeed a real color and was intentionally made by Pyrex.

Now the hunt is on to find the 404 in opal. I'll have to be careful though because I've already seen several sellers on Ebay selling bowls as opal that were previously colored bowls-you can see a tiny hint of color at the edge of the top lip-that's what has given it away to me.

The bottom picture is a very tiny Federal Glass Flower Power Daisy bowl. I've been looking for a year for these bowls and so far I've only gotten 2 covered casseroles and this little beauty. The hunt continues!

4 comments:

  1. I need Old Door and Vintage Tablecloth Intervention myself actually... so I can empathize with Bowl obsession. *Winks* There are some things I can easily Let Go of... others I'd be Loathe to... if there is ever a "She who has the most Old Doors & Tablecloths Wins" Contest, I'm a Made Woman! *LOL* Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!
      I'd LOVE to see your door collection!! That's something I've never considered before...doors. Do you have them hanging in your house in doorways, or displaying them? I'd LOVE to see your tablecloth collection-so I can drool! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there. I enjoyed your blog on this sleepless night. I am a follower now. :) Now I'm off to read some more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AllyJo!
      Thanks for stopping by-I'm glad to meet you!!! Hope you got some sleep!!

      Delete