Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year...New Thoughts...

I've been doing a Bible study with my cousins for a few weeks now, called Believing God by Beth Moore. I've been enjoying the study, and enjoying the time with my girls. We grew up living next door to each other, so they are more like my sisters than cousins, and I love them dearly.

One thing this study has us do is to focus on promises from God. I've reminded myself of them many times, when I am tempted to doubt or give up. They are: 1) God is who He says He is. 2) God can do what He says He can do. 3) I am who God says I am. 4) I can do all things through Christ. 5) God's Word is alive and active in me.

If you have a chance to do this study, I'd really recommend it! It has really gotten me thinking...every year we tend to make New Year's resolutions. Sometimes we stick to them, sometimes we don't. What if this year we make a list of the things we are BELIEVING God for, instead of the things we won't end up doing anyway? A list we can pray over, and believe God's best for.

I've been praying for so many people, and circumstances, but do I really believe God can do what I'm asking  Him to do? This past year has been an incredibly hard year for me and many people I know and love. It is only by God's grace, and strength that I've gotten through. I haven't mentioned any of it here, and it seems to have evened out some-for now-but it has been a major struggle and at times all I could focus on was just getting through the day or the hour.

So I thought I'd kind of combine my resolutions and prayers somehow and list the things that I'm believing God for in 2013. I won't post my real list here, I'll keep it private, but that doesn't mean I won't be praying and believing!

If you are wondering what in the world I am talking about, here are some examples of things that you or I might be praying about and believing God to do BIG things in and through in the coming year:

1. A Friend's marriage or your own
2. Your health or a loved one's health
3. Relationships
4. Children who've wandered from God
5. Job issues
6. Healing-physical or emotional

I could list 100 different things. At first I thought I'd just list 5 for this year, but the more people I pray for, the more I can believe/trust God for! I know this may see "out there" for anyone else who might read this, but this is where I am at right now. So this post is really just for me, I guess. To remind myself each and every time I struggle that God IS who He says He is and He CAN do what He says He can do!

Matthew 17:20 says, "...if you have faith, even as small as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you."

Wishing you a very happy 2013, filled with laughter, love and great memories!

~Kim

2 comments:

  1. I have done that study about 3 years ago! It's awesome! I'm BELIEVING that my family will choose Christ and follow Him....Thanks for this post. It was perfect timing for me!
    Happy New Year!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!
    Happy New Year! I've been getting a lot of emails that this was just the right timing for others too. I'll be believing with you!!!

    Take Care Friend!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete