Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Side Trip

I didn't go to work today. I had a doctor's appointment and some tests scheduled and I wasn't sure how long they would take. They were very quick, except I have to go back next week for another test and another one on the 18th. Oh, the joys of getting older, I guess!

After I got home from my appointment, I decided I didn't want to sit around the house for the rest of the day, and I didn't feel like laundry, dusting or mopping (the never ending trio at my house). I searched for some Wednesday garage and estate sales. I found a few, Mr actually went to one that was very close to our house, but it was all tools and guy stuff. None of the others seemed like anything worth getting in the car for though.

While I was searching, hoping to find something worth while,  Mr got the mail and found a flyer from Harbor Freight, so he suggested I look for something near one of those stores. We ended up visiting Collette's, Menards, The Treasure Shack, and Sonic on the way to Harbor Freight.

Mr. even bought something for himself at Collette's! I got some great treasures there too. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should seriously consider a trip. It's a really big place, with lots to see, and buy-a big mix of all kinds of things.

We got some more mulch at Menard's to finish up the last flowerbed, and I picked up some super cheap solar lights to put on my hot pink, outdoor chandelier. I also picked up a pendant light fixture to make a mason jar, hanging light fixture for over the table in our sun room. I can't wait for the weekend so I can get busy painting the solar lights and putting together the jar light ---pictures coming soon!!

I was happy to sit in the car, read, and sip my diet cherry limeade while he wandered around his store. I was kind of disappointed that he was done as soon as he was-it was a great day to be out and about, blue skies, puffy clouds and lots of sun-with just the right amount of breeze.


These are my treasures from Collette's...


These are the solar lights...

They come apart very easily, so I couldn't resist a quick trip outside to spray a little pink-I think they are going to look great!!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty pyrex bowl and the red table cloth looks awesome! Hope all goes well with your dr appts...pink solar lights!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the chandelier!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete