Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

It Just Jumped Off the Shelf!

Yesterday was a sad day...late in the afternoon, Mr. walked from the dining room into the sun room to let Lucy outside,and just as he entered the sun room, there was a loud crash and glass breaking sound. The sun room is very secure and the floor doesn't wiggle at all, so this was rather shocking to both of us and I ran over to check it out.

This is what I found...
The only one on Ebay right now is $199, and the only one on Etsy is $150...my $3 garage sale find isn't going to be very cheap to replace! :(  It had to have jumped off of a shelf, and over a set of Happy Pumpkin salt & pepper shakers and over a set of Happy Pumpkin candleholders before it hit the floor...very odd!

Today I had to have another procedure before my surgery next week, so I was home when the mail came. I heard a loud slam on the front porch, and was worried about what I'd find. I was waiting for a special package and I was afraid my package was going to be smashed. To my relief, I found my package on top of a giant package for my youngest!

This is what was inside...
It was safe and sound with a great packing job-whew!!!

 A full set-finally!!!

Except for the replacement for this one that was smashed in shipping a while back. It looks pretty good from a distance, doesn't it!?!? Up close, not so much!

It seems that I whenever I find these bowls for sale, that they are coming from Canada, and boy is the shipping high!! I might have to get a passport so I can make some thrifting trips to Canada to save the shipping charges!!!

4 comments:

  1. Where on earth do you find so much Pyrex. Such great pieces. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad about your fork! I wonder why it jumped? Maybe you haven't been spending enough time with your collections... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came to say that Chanelle that us offering up the replacement fork is a great person. She loves sharing her finds with people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shara! I can't even tell you how excited I am that she bought it and offered it to me!! What a caring and thoughtful thing to do!!!

      Delete