Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Parking Structure Garage Sale!

Sunday was the annual Warren's Greatest Garage Sale. It is a massive garage sale, held inside a parking structure in Warren, Michigan. There is a $1 admission fee, and at least 3 levels of garage sales. Each vendor has between 1 and 4 parking spaces-just to give you an idea of how big it is.

We've been to this sale many times before and it's always fun to hunt for treasures and people watch. This year there seemed to be a lot less vintage and antique sellers, as compared to years past, but the whole overall sale seemed bigger. The farmer's market just outside of the garage sales is always a fun addition.

There were a few vendors with Pyrex, but nothing that I didn't already have. I found a great vintage California tablecloth...until I opened it up...it had several holes and one patch that was about 2"x3". When I asked the price, I was told the sticker was on it. The sticker said $49. I quickly folded it up and handed it back.Then I was offered it for $25. As I was almost to the next booth, she offered it to me for $9. I didn't bite. It was in really rough shape. I'm not afraid of stains, but holes I will pass on every time.

I did find a Fisher Price baby and nursery set for Auntie and a toy set of Pyrex primaries for me, so it was worth the trip!


Here's the Fisher Price nursery set-$8 not bad!

Just checking my bag to be sure I really just bought what I thought I bought! $7 for the set!




















I LOVE it!!!






1 comment: