Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flea Market Review...

Yesterday, my friend Kitschy Vintage (formerly the Chicken's Auntie) and I went to a flea market that I had never been to before. It was advertised as a "Cabin Fever Indoor Flea Market". Several people posted ads on Craigslist, newspapers and other sites...there were at least three different accounts of how many vendors (from the advertising, I expected somewhere between 100 and 200 dealers-they were lucky if they had 30-and the building was so small-there wasn't room for any more.), and even the address was listed three different ways.

I was very disappointed in the size of it-especially from the way they advertised it. I did find a couple of Pyrex treasures, and a giant bag of kettle corn, but those aren't enough reasons to ever make the 45 minute trip again.



We stopped back at the "Sale of the Year" on our way home and KV was thrilled to find the box of treasures she bought yesterday, but forgot when we left, was still there!! I was thrilled for her too! Of course, we shopped again too!

This is what I picked up today...

 Another little baby planter and a cool chopper-even has the little wooden disk in the bottom!

There is a set of 7 of the tall glasses and 4 of the small bar glasses. There was 5, but...I didn't put them into my bag carefully enough, and I heard a crunch as I was walking into a bedroom when my bag bumped the doorjamb. UGH! I paid for it since it was my fault-what a bummer!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, sounds like the kind of thing I'd do. The remaining ones look cool though...

    ReplyDelete