Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hangin with my Boy!

Today was a good day to sleep in! Eric didn't have school (end of the marking period), Adam always sleeps in, Kevin left early for work,  and it was my day off-so we got to sleep in-boy was it NICE! When we finally got up and around, we decided to head to a local mall to try to find him some pants. Not only is it hard to find shoes in a size 14 or 15, it's just as hard to find jeans in 36x36!


We had such a FUN day! I feel so lucky to have had this day with him! I know the day is coming very soon when he won't like me any more (like his older brother), and won't want to be seen with me or hang out with me, so I have to savor every moment like this!

We stopped at a church in the area that was having a rummage sale to raise money for their high school mission trip. It was HUGE! I wish we would have gotten around a little earlier-I cringe when I think about all the great stuff that probably walked out the door while I was being lazy.

I did manage to find a few things that I think will be great for the booth...

 A rustic looking heart shaped wire basket.

 A needlepoint piece that looks like an old stamp.

 A couple of old dish towels.

 A couple of tins and a couple of vintage Tupperware shaker sets.

 The find of the day...a vintage McCoy doughboy cookie jar, and the less exciting egg shaped shakers.

 More Pyrex
 Glasbake

White egg cups




Four botanical prints-all framed.

We found jeans and some shorts (if it ever warms up enough to wear them) at Old Navy-we were thrilled to find his length! He made me laugh because he thought he wore a 30 length-can you imagine that on a kid that is almost 6'5?

The next stop was a good one too, I found a roll of red gingham tablecovering for the fundraiser dinner on Sunday-something at least 3 other places said was seasonal and not available until summer.

A quick trip to Gander Mountain and Eric finds a pair of waterproof hiking boots (size 14) on sale for $40! Even the salesperson was shocked that they had that size in the back-he said he's never seen that size in that boot before!

After that, we tried to find a couple of non-existent thrift stores and then headed home. We got about halfway home and I was thinking to myself that we should stop to visit a couple of old cousins that we hadn't seen since last summer. Just as we passed their exit, Eric says, "We should have stopped to see Leona and Bernice." So , swung back around and we went to visit them. When we pulled in the driveway, my Uncle from the west side of the state was there! We had such a super fun visit!!! We laughed and talked and laughed and talked. Leona is going to be 89 on April 25, and her sister Bernice is pretty close behind. I love them so much-why do I not make time to visit them more often? I'm so ashamed of myself for letting my life get so busy that I can't take the time to do that more often!

On top of all that fun...it was a sunny, gorgeous day-although it was chilly-it was awesome!

How about you? What were your Friday Finds?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a perfect day...
    I love the needlepoint you found...it's gorgeous...I could see someone clever turning it into a wedding invitation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The needlepoint is so, so gorgeous and I love the tins you've picked out too! Great set of finds! It must be so much fun to have your own booth!

    Thanks so much for popping by my blog :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete