Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Springtime Treasures...

Our one night respite to my parent's house last Friday was so relaxing! It almost felt like we were at an exclusive spa! They have a gorgeous house on a beautiful lake in the Upper Peninsula and I just love it there. While we were there I took a few pictures of my mom's flowers, because when she gets back from Alaska in a week and a half, they will all be gone!








Their weather always take a little longer to warm up in the UP than it does here in lower Michigan. Our daffodils have been long gone. When we left on Wednesday, our trees were just starting to pop out little tiny leaves, and my lilac bushes were just starting to bud. When we got home, the leaves were all popped out and full-size. The lilac bushes were overflowing with flowers and the wind took their refreshing fragrance all over our yard. I spent an hour in my favorite spot yesterday-just enjoying the lilacs and the trees. My favorite spot? A rope hammock stretched between two trees-best thing we ever bought was that hammock!

No comments:

Post a Comment