Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Few "Firsts"...

Happy Friday everyone!!! It is a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day here! Lots of sunshine and blue skies...even if it is only 43 degrees, it feels warmer! It's the first Friday of the month!

Today was a day of a lot of "firsts" for me. I went to my first church rummage sale, barn sale (3 actually), garage sale (3), and the first time I ran into a relative at a sale this year! I was also the first person at an estate sale (I didn't stay-I left to hit a few other sales instead of wasting time just sitting, and I'm glad I made that decision!), and the first person at an antique store before they opened (I got there 3 minutes early).

I also got busy (for the first time this year) soaking and hanging linens outside to take advantage of the gorgeous sunshine! I hung my wind chime outside for the first time ever (got it earlier in the winter at Hobby Lobby-I LOVE that store! It's a dangerous place for me!), and Eric (wearing shorts-crazy kid!) put up our hammock. Everything at our house is screaming "Hurry up Spring/Summer-we miss you!!"



It was also the first time I've seen a green Harlequin service pitcher in person...and the first time I've ever owned one! YAY!! It was the first time I've ever seen a paint-by-number of Monks, and I couldn't pass it up. It was so creepy, it just spoke to me...and the quarter price made it even easier to put it in my bag! I can't imagine anyone buying it from my booth, but we'll see!




Pretty soon I'll be involved in another "first". I got my in-laws to agree to let me fly down to Florida and drive their car back. I know you're thinking...didn't they drive their car down for them last fall? Yes, both Kevin and I did drive their car down, but this time it will be just me. Kevin doesn't want any part of doing that again. I'm fine with it, maybe I can squeeze in a trip to Jeffrey's and/or the Big Peach on the way back!

I am so thankful that they agreed! I've been praying up a storm for them to relent and not drive themselves! They were insisting they could do it, and I was just sick to my stomach thinking about it. An 84 year old man with advanced Parkinson's, who's reaction time is barely visible, should not be driving, but how do you convince a man who was once very strong, and virile to give it up and let someone else do it? You have to be so very careful to preserve their dignity. I am thanking God today for answered prayer for that one!


Here are my other finds from today:






Here are the piles of linens I've been working on all afternoon:






Have a great weekend~happy hunting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the silly monk picture! And, of course, I spy the lovely hankies. What is your best advice for de-staining hankies? I'd appreciate your thoughts- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds! I love being "first"! I bought 2 linens and 4 hankies this weekend while out. Hoping the sun comes out and for warmer weather.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete