Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An interesting way to wrap glassware...

I got a package in the mail today, (that was supposed to be here 6 days ago, but the seller never shipped it until it was supposed to have been here...still deciding what to leave for feedback-any suggestions?) When I opened it, I was surprised to find under all the newspaper, 4 small packages, individually wrapped in disposable diapers!!!

In all the years that I've been shopping online, I can honestly say, I've never had anything shipped with disposable diapers as the packing material! I'm still trying to decide if that is a unique way wrap something, or if it is just plain weird. What do you think?

What is the weirdest way something you've received has been packaged? The items were perfectly safe, all nestled in the newspaper, wrapped in the diapers. The tabs did a good job of securing the diaper to the items too!





At last! A finished set! I only needed one fridgie and lid, so now I have one extra little pink fridgie and lid...it's going to the booth-hopefully I'll break even on this purchase!

4 comments:

  1. So funny about the diapers - could they be cheaper than packing supplies? Love the pink fridgies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting but an awfully expensive way to wrap glassware! It would probably be cheaper to just buy a roll of bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the diaper usage is a great idea. Cushion, no extra tape to mess with on the wrapping or unwrapping ends and they were new and unused, right? ;) Too bad they don't still make diapers like back when I was first babysitting that were an inch thick, those would be even better for packaging glassware. Love your blog and so jealous of your Pyrex collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the color of the glassware. I think it would be better if it just wrapped with newspaper or paper.

    Personalized Glassware

    ReplyDelete