Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Finds...

When I left work today it was just starting to sprinkle. When I got in my car, it opened up and poured! I decided to keep with my plan to hit some sales and hope I didn't get too wet.

The first sale I stopped at was about a quarter of a mile from my work, it was an estate sale, that was in the front yard but under some trees so things weren't really getting wet. I walked up and didn't really see anything , and was starting to turn and go to my car when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dresser on the front porch.

I asked how much it was and was told $3. I thought maybe I didn't hear right, and was telling myself she didn't really say $3, she said $33 and I must have missed the 30. So, I asked her if she really said $3. She laughed and said YES-she just wanted to get rid of it. So, of course, I bought it! I also bought a bowling ball for $1...another project!

I went to about 10 sales, before I had to get groceries and get home for the day. I can't explain how much fun going to sales is for me. It is like a HUGE treasure hunt and I can't get enough of the hunt!

I got a few treasures-including a completely hand stitched quilt which was a deal similar to the dresser-the lady just wanted to get rid of it. She actually had a sign on it that said "Make Offer". I asked how much she was thinking she wanted for it, and she named a price. I offered a lower price and she took it! She said she was glad to get rid of it. It was her mom's but she didn't want it anymore and wanted someone who appreciated it to have it.

It looks like it has about 7-8 stitches per inch, and a little patch on the back-all hand stitched and hand quilted. I thought I bought it to sell, but I'm afraid I've fallen in love with it! Looks like the other rusty, crusty white metal cabinet is going to find its way into the house instead of the booth, so I have a place to put this quilt! I got a Made in Japan cream and sugar set and a Pyrex casserole today too. Any ideas what the pattern/name is for the cream and sugar?



Would you buy this dresser for $3? It is really solid, just painted a dull color. the bottom drawer is not in all the way-it closes properly.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary! What a GUY! Pretty flowers and a new ring :)
    I would buy that dresser for $3.00!
    Pretty quilt too!
    Loved seeing your booth "makeover". Gave me ideas about adding some red, white & blue to mine!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I think your casserole was a promotional Christmas offering and might have come with a warming rack & glass lid.

    ReplyDelete