Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Couple of Projects...

Have you ever made a toothbrush rag rug? I've been wanting to make one for a while. I've watched a lot of how to videos on you tube, as well as read written instructions from different websites, so I decided to give it a go, and see if I could do it. I wanted to keep the cost down, so I went to the discount fabric rack at Walmart. I wanted to use solid colors that were similar to Fiesta colors.

I started it on Saturday, and spent several hours on it on Sunday. I know I was pulling it wayyy too tight when I first started-hence the comments from all three of my guys (all at different times, without any of the other of them being in the room at the time the comments were made) "Are you making a Jamaican hat?" Ugh! It made me laugh though! I have been able to flatten it out, and I'm working on not pulling it so tightly. I suppose when it gets bigger it will look more like a rug-I hope!

I'll show pictures when I am all done.

I'm also planning to make a Christmas card basket-just need to gather enough vintage Christmas cards. Have you ever made one? If I can't find the real deal vintage cards, I was able to find several blogs that have scanned in lots of cards that are free to use in craft projects.

Do you have any easy vintage-y Christmas craft projects that a group could do? Every year at Christmas, our office gets shut down for a day, and we all gather together for brunch and crafts and hanging out. I thought a vintage Christmas craft would be fun to share-but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas...

My friend Chicken's Auntie is hosting a staff ladies Christmas luncheon (separate from the other one) at her house-I told her I thought it would be awesome to use her vintage Christmas tablecloths, vintage dishes (if she has enough of them) and make vintage recipes...she got stressed just listening to me-LOL!

Do you have any easy vintage Christmas recipes? Or any ideas for throwing a vintage Christmas luncheon?

No comments:

Post a Comment