Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mega Mall Flea Market!

Last night, I saw on Facebook that today was the day for the Mega Mall Flea Market, so after church I needed to become scarce so Kevin could get some sleep (he got called in to work last night and didn't get home until 4:30 this morning, so he was really tired), so I took off for Lansing.

I got there about an hour after it started and it was PACKED! With shoppers and with vendors! I LOVED it! There was a DJ playing music, and everyone seemed to be having a fun day. It was perfect weather for it too!

I picked up an embroidered table runner at one booth that was just wadded up and looked it over, folded it and put it down, then folded the second, identical one, and the older lady running the booth (outside), said there were two pillowcases to match. I asked how much the pillowcases were, because I really wasn't interested in any more runners.

She said, "You have to take them all.", I started to say I wasn't interested, but she threw out $2 for two table runners, two pillow cases and a doily-and did I mention they were mostly done in purple? Yeah, so they came home with me!

She said she gave me the deal because she saw that since I folded them up instead of just tossing them down again, that showed I cared about vintage linens and she knew I would enjoy them, so I got them for a great price!!!

When I went inside the mall, it was PACKED there too!! It was hard to look at things because it was swarming with people! I wish my antique mall did a flea market once in a while. The amount of traffic it generated was incredible for the mall and the dealers.




When I got home, I got busy painting another gossip bench-black this time, the legs of a stool and I waxed the green wooden ironing board-all in preparation to go to the booth on the 2nd. I even squeezed in a quick trip to the grocery store!

While I was there, I ran into someone I haven't seen in years, and the first thing he said was, he was looking for a church. It is awkward sometimes when people know that I work in a church-for some reason they think I am the church police or something, and they blurt out where they are going or a bunch of excuses why they haven't been in a while.

I really don't care, not to sound mean or anything, but that is between them and God, and I have nothing to do with it. I wonder if seeing me makes them stress about it-or think I am judging them--even if just for a minute so that's why they blurt things like that out...who knows....it just makes things REALLY awkward!!!

Here are my treasures from today...

More hankies in unusual designs or color schemes.

Two dresser scarves, a doily and two pillow cases.

Very cool pie cutter!!

Manhattan relish tray inserts.

Old bike basket minus the metal straps that connect it to the wheel. I plan to use this in the booth for displaying either kids books or hankies.

Hope you had a great weekend and a great Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment