Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hanging In There...

Nothing fun happened last weekend, no junkin whatsoever! So I have nothing to share about fun finds. It has been a whirlwind week. We've gone from totally sucker punched and devastated, to resigned and hopeful, and everything in between. It's been one big roller coaster ride of thoughts and emotions.

On one hand every memory from the time the boys were tiny has flashed before our eyes, on the other...fear of not being able to find a place as good as ours. Then little thoughts of not knowing time frames, and what we're talking about financially bring in little seeds of doubt. We're constantly reminding ourselves that fear does not come from God!

I have to say how good God has been to us even in the midst of all of this heartbreaking news. He's given us lovely friends who are constantly encouraging us and praying for us and for that we are forever grateful! The kind words you've all sent in emails and comments has really been just what we needed when we needed it-so thank you soo very much!

I went to a funeral yesterday for a friend from work's mom. The pastor said, since our eternal home is in heaven, we are just living in temporary housing while we're here on earth. It was almost as if he was speaking just to me!

We have a friend who is a Realtor who has been helping us out, and today we meet with a real estate attorney to find out what our options are as far as getting the most we can out of the situation. The next step will be to get the house appraised and to wait for their offer. Which we should have in about 6 weeks

After we come to an agreement on price, we'll have 6 months to find a new place, pack up and get out. I don't even want to think about all of that. I don' think there will be enough tissue in the whole county for the tears I'll shed when we walk away for the last time! I don't think I'll ever be able to come back to see the whole thing turned into parking lots and tennis courts either.

So, we're still here. We're still hanging in there. We're still trusting that God will make something good out of all of this mess, and we're hoping that through it all we'll bring Him glory and honor.

In the meantime, we have 2 cars out of 4 that are down, Eric's has radiator issues, and I think my transmission went out yesterday in my car! I was supposed to drive to my game last night and my car wasn't going anywhere fast, and I was worried I wouldn't make it. When we have early games, my friend Becky doesn't come back from work, (since she works near where we play), and we meet at the gym.

Yesterday, she called to say she forgot her gym bag and asked if I wanted to ride with her-YES! Thank you Lord for orchestrating that! We went, we played, we started for home. It was snowing and the roads were starting to get a little slick. Once on the expressway, she was just about to change lanes and looked up in her rear view mirror and saw someone flying up and zinging in and out of lanes. So she stayed put until the person passed us.

We saw them zipping in and out of lanes at a high rate of speed and got back to our conversation after agreeing that no one should be driving like that in that weather-or any kind of weather! A couple of minutes later, we saw taillights spin out, and a car smack into the cement wall on the left with a whole pack of cars surrounding the car! It spun again and was flung off the wall all the way across the expressway and into another cement wall on the right side-the wall of an overpass-head first!

I still can't get that sound and the images out of my head! Not one other car got into the fray and we were all bunched up. It was only the one car. we all kept going with the traffic, and I called 911. There wasn't any way to stop and run to help because there was so many cars and the slippery conditions. I'm still praying that the person is or will be all right! Thank you Lord for keeping us safe!

There have been millions of tiny things that have happened this past week to remind us to keep our eyes on God, that He alone is in control. Even my devotional this morning! Look at the verse...Do not be surprised at the painful things you are now suffering. These things are testing your faith 1 Peter 4:12-13.


I will keep trusting, and praying, and I'll keep believing God for good things!

4 comments:

  1. When we went through sucker punch times, that's when we saw the most blessings. It was like manna from heaven. Everyday we would wake up to new gifts. God is close to the broken hearted. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep remembering all the people in Joplin and Alabama and New Jersey whose homes were completely destroyed in a couple minutes by storms - and many belongings and family were lost also - and the people whose homes burned down in wildfires..... Things could be so much worse, as sad as this situation is. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you are soo right! Thanks for helping me to see that it could be so much worse and how blessed I am!!!

      Delete