Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

It's a beautiful snowy day here in Michigan! We got a couple of inches of fluffy white stuff today, and right now, it's just giant wandering flakes floating by-so pretty! I am home, sitting in and enjoying my sun room. I have to soak up the enjoyment while I can!

My car is back from the shop-very expensive repairs, but it is working and it is still cheaper than a car payment. Eric's car is still in the shop. They called and said they dropped a bolt, and have to take the whole thing apart to get to it, so it won't be ready until Monday now.

My parents left today. It was very comforting to have them here to talk through some of the junk that's been going on! We had a good visit with a real estate attorney yesterday. I'm more hopeful about our outcome after talking with him. Today, I spoke with an appraiser and filled out online forms for 5 large moving companies for free estimates.

I can't imagine how much moving our house and barn full of junk is going to cost!! With all of my glassware and booth inventory, my Fiesta and vintage kitchenware collections, and Kevin's woodshop stuff-YIKES!!! We're planning to include moving costs in our counter offer (once we receive the initial offer-which should come within the next 5-7 weeks). How do you put a value on emotional attachment? Memories? Location? We're 5 minutes to two towns and every kind of shopping we'd ever need, and 5 minutes to expressways-plus we're in the middle of about 100 acres of open fields with no neighbors other than the township park!

We have a Realtor  who has been looking for homes or vacant land for us, but there really isn't much out there right now. I'm smitten with a house (on paper) that looks absolutely amazing! It's being built right now and hits all of our "markers" for what we want except for 3 things-natural gas, pole barn, and sun room. Two things can be added, the other...might be a deal breaker. We'll see. It has more acreage than what we have now, so we know we can add a volleyball court and pool, if we decide to do that again.

I was planning to do a marathon cooking weekend in the next few weeks (cook enough dinners for 3 months  or more and freeze it), but we really don't want to have to move a freezer full of stuff, so that idea is nixed for right now. We may not be moving in that short amount of time, it could be up to 6 months-but I just don't have the umpf to do that kind of work right now.

I'm dying for a good sale! My Dad drove my mom to her glass class in Lansing today, and came back to hang out with us until he had to pick her up at 4. I looked to see if there were some sales in Lansing that he and I could go to, but there was only one, and it wasn't my kind of junk. We just went for a quick lunch with the boys. I don't get to go out with my dad very often, so it was pretty sweet!

With all of this change going on around here, I'm wondering if I should give up the booth...what do you think? I love the hunting, I'm enjoying selling stuff that I find, but I'm wondering if that season of my life is over now too...what would you do?











2 comments:

  1. Don't give up the booth until after you sell. The process of moving may unearth treasures you are ready to part with and as long as you have the booth you have somewhere to sell them. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer that everything we face in life comes along for a reason. Fate? Maybe ,or just life's course.
    At almost 68 now I look back and reflect on all those (Oh God what now) times and see it all happened the way it was supposed to. The homes we left in our moves while in the Military,places I wish we could have stayed and what might have beens just lead us to where we are today. Life is like a merry go round. Every time you stop is for a reason and if you're lucky you get to go around lots of times before the ride ends. Enjoy the ride!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete