Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vintage Junkie...That's ME!!!

I don't know about you, but I am in my happy place when I am hunting for junk, looking at junk or buying junk! I think I've turned into a vintage junkie! I need a fix more and more...and I LOVE it!!! My booth is not gonna make me rich, but it sure has been nice that it pays for my addiction treasure seeking (and then some!).

My biggest problem is I like wayyyyy too many things! Do you have that problem too? Or is it just me? Am I the crazy cat lady but with vintage junk? Maybe-but I wouldn't have it any other way!! I was talking with a  junkin buddy the other day, and we were talking about  me getting my Etsy shop up and running (I've been procrastinating wayyyy to long on this!), and she said, "you'll find yourself saving all of your good stuff for Etsy and won't be taking it in to your booth." Shoot! I've been doing it all wrong already, and I haven't even started the Etsy shop yet!!! I've been saving all the good stuff for ME!!!

Here are a few of the things I bought for the booth, but can't seem to part with...

 Doesn't this chamber pot look super cute with all of the vintage dish towels rolled up in it?

 This awesome cabinet was in the basement of a brand new house, where the owners were having a moving/estate sale-it was only one of a few vintage things at this house and I carried it up from the basement myself! I must have bonded with it as I struggled up the stairs, and then finally out to my car, because I can't let it go now!!

 This little guy is so ugly, he's cute! My first Holt Howard Pixieware piece and it was a steal for only $3!

 I actually had this in the booth for a couple of months, and the whole time I kept hoping no one would buy it so I could keep it! Duh! Finally, I pulled it out and it's NOT going back!

 These were in the booth too, and they only lasted a week, before I snatched them out and brought them home!

 These never made it to the booth, even though at the time I bought them, my intention was to sell them right away.

Oh, there's more...but I'm too embarrassed busy to get the rest of the pictures uploaded! :)

How about you? What have you found that you can't get rid of? I'd love to hear about it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a whole bunch of wonderfulness to me!! :-) I collect way too many things, as well. (I do have rules for myself about what I can bring into the house, and what has to go when I do. But still....) And I have cats. So may I please join your crazy cat lady junk collecting club? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often find Holt Howard items shoved randomly on thrift store shelves...the only reason I recognize them is because of other people finding them and posting photos on their blogs. I love the little Olive guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The HH Pixieware piece is adorable! Needless to say, I keep way too much stuff- it's all so sweet, and usable, and inexpensive, and ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chamber pot idea! Fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete