Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Opening Weekend for Ann Arbor Antiques Market...

Today I went to the Washtenaw County Fair Grounds for the Ann Arbor Antiques Market with Chicken's Auntie and another friend (Pam) from work. It was FREEZING cold! The wind was whipping like crazy! I really felt bad for the twenty-something guy in the shorts and his girlfriend with the flip flops and the bright red feet!

There were a lot of vendors, but not a lot of good prices this time around. It has been 2 years since I've visited, and I think that after today it can be another 2 years (or more) before I go back, and I won't miss it at all! There used to be a lot more vendors with a lot better prices...

 The best part of the day came as we were walking in the gate as Chicken's Auntie was walking behind me. She started giggling then out right laughing and how I was walking (since my back still was quite sore, I was walking a little differently)-she said it looked like I was walking as if I had a load in my pants! Pam and I both started laughing so hard, I couldn't tell if my eyes were watering from the wind, from laughing or both!

We stopped at a few estate sales and garage sales which were all frogs, and then went to Feather Your Nest Antiques only to be totally disappointed that their store is no longer in business! Bummer! We both really like her booth at Livingston Antiques and were excited to visit her shop.

Fun times, lots of laughs and another adventure that turned out to be a frog and not a prince. I'm looking forward to our next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I MUST protest! You have to point out to your faithful readers that you said you were walking like that before I did...I just agreed with you (I would never be so mean as to say something like that to anyone)! It still makes me laugh, though... (hope you're feeling better).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes :)
    Maybe you'll find some treasures later this week. Garage sales are starting around here.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete