Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Great Grandma's Peonies and a Chick Update!

They BLOOMED!!!! They are a little late, but they sure are pretty! Makes me stop and remember all the great things about my great grandma on my mom's side!



Chick Update:
Eric and his dad have been working really hard on his new run for his chickens (so he can leave for a month to have fun in the U.P. with grandma and grandpa). The chicks were so fun to watch last night! The were running in and out of the coop, scratching and pecking the ground, and finding all kinds of bugs and worms. Then they would parade all around with their finds and end up with the rest of the chicks chasing them!

Good old Maddie was never very far. She kept a very watchful eye on the live squeaky toys.

The chicks are the size of the quail right now, and they all are running around and getting along great together!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of raising chickens, but I live in the middle of town and I'm sure it's prohibited. Yours seem so comical and full of fun! I'll be checking back to see their progress....

    ReplyDelete