Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our Newest Project...

A few weeks ago, while out antiquing with Auntie, I came to the realization that I am really starting to like Hoosier cabinets. I mentioned to her that I think I'm going to keep my eyes open for one (at a great price, of course). She immediately said "I know were you can get one!" I just kind of laughed and thought she was going to tell me some antique shop where she'd seen one, but instead, she reminded me that she had one that had belonged to my parents in her barn that needed to be refinished and put together.

I had totally forgotten about it! My parents moved to the U.P. 8 years ago when they retired, and they had given a bunch of things to Auntie-one of them being this old Hoosier cabinet. At first I thought it would be rude of me to take it when she offered it, and it took a while for me to think about it. She convinced me that she has had it and hasn't done anything with it, and she didn't have anywhere to put it if she did finish it.

So, today, my DH went over and picked it up! Part of me is excited and part of me is overwhelmed...we'll see how it tuns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment