Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weigela, Flowering Plates in the Garden and Great Grandma's Peonies...

This bush is such a hearty bush! When we first bought our house, it was located at the top of our driveway (inconveniently located) right where everyone leaving would have backed into it. One day, my DH decided to chop the bush down and get it out of the way. He (not knowing what it was) really hacked it up-all the way to the ground! The next year it started coming back, so he dug it up and put it at the end of the driveway. We didn't give it much hope of surviving, but look at it now!



I'm glad it was stronger than the axe! I love its pink blooms!


Here are the plates I got at Warren's Greatest Garage Sale...all planted in my flowerbeds!

Every year this gets bigger and bigger! For years it only got to about 6-8" tall, then the last few years it has gotten bigger and bigger. Last year it had only a couple of buds, but they never opened. I hope these open!

No comments:

Post a Comment