Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Best Banana Bread EVER!!!

When we buy bananas, we usually buy one ripe and ready to eat bunch and one very green bunch. This past week there was so much fruit in the house, the bananas got over-ripe. I like to eat bananas when they are just past the green stage-once it has spots on it, I don't care for the sweeter flavor. I made a ton of banana bread tonight and boy did it make the house smell yummy!!

This is the BEST recipe I've ever found for banana bread. Try it yourself and let me know what you think!

1/4 C. Butter, softened
3/4 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3/4 C. Ripe, mashed bananas (about 2 med.)
1/2 C. Sour cream ( I used Fat Free and it turned out just fine)
2-1/4 C. Flour
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C. Chopped walnuts
1 C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine dry ingredients and add to banana mixture until just moistened. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.

Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

I made 5 loaves!! One is almost totally gone already and it hasn't even had a chance to completely cool!! I'm sure the bread will all disappear by this time tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment