Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

I am sooo excited!!!

It looks like Auntie and I will be heading to Newell, WV for the Fiesta Tent Sale on Thursday!!! We are doing a marathon trip...the whole thing in one day! Isn't that crazy?!?!?  It is a 4 hour drive to the factory, who knows how long we'll be in line and then 4 hours home! I can't wait!!!

I've been searching all over the internet for tips, ideas and what to expect, but I haven't come  across much information. I even emailed the Homer Laughlin China Company and asked a few questions, that weren't addressed on their website, and I still wish I knew more of what to expect going in to this.

I will be sure to let you all know what it was like! I hope to take lots of pictures too! I know they don't allow pictures inside their factory, but I'm hoping the tent sale isn't off limits-maybe that is why there is so little information and photos out there.

They did say the wait in line could be a few hours or less than an hour depending on how fast the crowd shops and what time of day you go. Afternoon or later is supposed to be the best time for less waiting to get in, but wouldn't all the good stuff be gone by then?? What to do, what to do....

They hand out numbers starting at 7am, but the sale doesn't open until 10. You don't have to wait in line, but you must be in line when your number is called, or else you have to go to the end of the line and get a new number. Do you think people get in line in the wee hours of the morning, or do you think they start showing up around 5 or 6am? I wish I knew what the crowds would look like if we arrive at 9am VS 10am or 11.

I wish I knew whether or not there will still be plenty of the things we are looking for if we wait to arrive at noon. Have you ever been to the Fiesta tent sale? Do you have any advice? I'd hate to arrive at the wrong time and have to wait hours and hours. Just like I'd hate to arrive at the wrong time and find that all the things we wanted to buy were already all gone.

Am I thinking too much? Should we just go for the adventure and not worry about the timing and what we might or might not get? It's just such a long drive to walk away empty handed...They did set my mind at ease by telling me that they have never closed the sale with anyone still waiting in line-so that is at least a relief to one of the many "what ifs" that are swirling around in my mind.

I guess the facebook group that I joined last year called "I need a 12 step program for my Fiesta addiction" rings true! 

Let me know if you've ever been to the sale-I'd LOVE to get the rest of my questions answered!!!

1 comment:

  1. Words just can't express how excited I am to be trapped in a car for 4 hours plus on the way to Newell with the obsessive person who wrote this post! LOL!! I'm looking forward to the adventure -- no matter WHEN we get there, there's bound to be SOMETHING left!

    ReplyDelete