Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Last Weekend of September!

I know I keep saying this, but, seriously...where is the time going??? I can't believe it's the end of September already! I've been so busy with so many things that the days are all flying by, and sometimes melting in to each other!

This past weekend was fun because I got to help 2 families with estate sales. One I already talked about, and the other was with a friend from work at her parent's house in Bowling Green, Ohio. It was an awesome day for a drive, even though it started out on the foggy side. Once I reached Dundee (famous for Cabela's), it was pretty much gone, but from Whitmore Lake to Ann Arbor, it was hard to see the car in front of you!

I spent about seven hours helping her organize, set up and price things for the sale. She just moved her parents into assisted living the weekend before. We got about 90% of the house done, her sons got a table up and loaded in the garage, and some cousins came as I was leaving with another table for the family room-that they filled after I left.

The sale is going to be the 11th and 12th of October, and I'm going back to help, and so is my friend Auntie. It'll be another roadtrip/blabfest, and I can't wait! Since she doesn't work with me anymore, I don't get to see her everyday-so we need these trips to catch up!

The house where we are doing the sale is for sale now as well, and the Realtor has already held one open house and plans to show it while it is set up for the estate sale. It is a really nice house, in a really nice area, so I am sure they will have no trouble selling it.

This is what the house looked like when I left...

 Nice sized sun room.

 Family room that is between the garage and sun room-look at the built-ins-they are awesome!!!

 Her mom's tin collection in a cupboard in the laundry room.

 The hallway from the family room to the laundry room on the right then on to the kitchen.

 The kitchen is a little small for an eat in kitchen, but the dining room is just behind the fridge on the left, I could see someone knocking out the wall and making the dining room and kitchen all one big room.

 Her mom loves teddy bears and collects them like crazy! This picture doesn't really show the magnitude of teddy bears, plus I took it a little early-before we got them all in there! This is the formal living room-it is a really big room.

 Bedroom #1 or the teddy bear room-this is where most of the bears were. It has a gorgeous bedroom set-I could only get the bed in the pic, but it has a matching dresser with mirror and a matching vanity with mirror-all from the early 1900's.

 Bedroom #2, or the office-it was still a work in progress when I left. 

 The master bedroom, I was standing by a built-in wall shelf and the master bathroom.

The dining room-and a 96 piece setting of John Haviland Blue Garland china-it is very pretty and in pristine condition!

Look at this tub! Part of me thinks it would be amazing, part of me thinks you'd freeze to death sitting there in your birthday suit waiting for it to fill up!!!

I bought a couple of things for myself, and a set of pots and pans for my parents for their camper. Here is what I bought...minus a couple vintage tablecloths-I forgot about them at the bottom of the pots and pans box!





I stopped at a sale Friday morning on my way to get groceries and I found a few fun things...







I also stopped by the neighbor's sale later on Friday (again) and I got these things...




This is the sign at the Michigan/Ohio border.


I really liked Bowling Green! I expected it to be a busy college town, kind of like Ann Arbor, but it was an amazing, sleepy little town (at least the part I was in), with some gorgeous older homes.

This is what I saw when I got home...

You'd think she was the one who worked all day and played volleyball afterward! That is one seriously spoiled little girl!!!

It looks like the closing date for my in-laws is back on-YAYYY! For October 28-so that means another trip north on the 25th for a weekend of packing and loading them up for their trip to Florida. Then Kevin and his BIL will drive their truck and rented trailer down for them so they can fly. Then I think our lives will really slow down..just in time for the holidays-LOL!

I hope you had a great weekend and you found some great treasures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment