Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

My day started at 4:30 this morning-that's the time that my alarm went off! It was all I could do to drag myself out of bed and get in the shower. The reason I was up so early is that I was helping with the Easter Breakfast at our church and I needed to be there to get some things organized before my crew of volunteers showed up at 7:00.

Everything went really smoothly. We had more than enough volunteers, and a good number of volunteers have worked with me in the past on big meals, so they know the routine. The new ones picked it up really fast.

I think we served about 500 people breakfast this morning between 8:30 and 10:30. At the end, we ran out of fruit salad, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and orange juice.We had an over abundance of oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, and yogurt. I'm already making notes for whomever runs the breakfast next year so they know where to bump it up and where to cut back.

After church I came home and got cooking for my family. We had a turkey on the grill, ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus, tossed salad, cheesy potatoes, stuffing and deviled eggs. Now, if the ibuprofen would hurry up and kick in, I'd be a happy camper! I used to be able to do big events back to back with long hours on my feet and lots of hard work. Oh the joys of getting older, I guess!



 Two giant coffee cambros filled the empty spots.

 I had planned to get a shot of the buffet lines when they were filled, but the choir came in about 20 minutes earlier than we planned. The were standing in a line waiting as we brought out the pans of food, so I couldn't get any shots without people. After that, there was constantly people in the line.





Not pictured...fresh fruit salad with dip, oatmeal, and biscuits and gravy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment