Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

One month ends,and another begins...

What's the best thing to do on a long weekend?? Treasure hunting!!! On Saturday, Mr. and I went to a couple of local sales. He wanted to re-visit a local "guy" sale that he checked-out earlier in the week, and then we just followed a few signs for a couple of other sales. The "guy" sale was pretty picked over, it was the last day. Mr. didn't find anything, but I found a couple of things.

The next sale was also an estate sale. It ended up being a really high-end sale, that we probably wouldn't have gone to if we'd known, but since we were just following a sign, and the other houses in the sub didn't reflect anywhere near how upscale this house turned out to be. I picked up a couple of cookbooks and a hiking book for Mr.

The next sale, was a perpetual local barn sale. I honestly don't know why I continue to stop at this sale year after year. The prices are really high, and they aren't willing to deal. They had an estate sale at the house earlier this year for a few weekends, and all the estate left-overs were moved to the barn. I did get a couple of cookbooks, but almost put them back because the price listed on the sign and the price when I got to the check-out table weren't the same. When I said no thanks, and headed to put them back, the seller talked herself into the lower price after all.

Then we came home and worked on some projects. We turned a Menard's pendant light into a Mason jar light over the table in the sun room. I think it turned out awesome!! I LOVE it!! Sunday was a quiet day, with a nice family visit, and today was another day of, wandering and treasure hunting for me and my youngest.

We went to Livonia to the Town & Country Antique Mall. It was the weirdest shopping experience I've ever had.Weird in a good way, not bad...I'm still trying to figure it out. When we were turning to go into a second room/area, an older man came toward us quickly, with a HUGE grin on his face. He had his arms up, and his hands were about shoulder high waggling back and forth. He looked so happy and excited to see us!

We just smiled and kept walking, but as we walked past, he said "I told my wife that today would be a good day for volleyball." We both chuckled a little and stepped into the booth where an older woman was looking at some glassware. I zeroed in on a Friendship casserole dish and as I picked it up, he followed us in and said, "Whenever I lose my wife in this place, it's always in this booth.". I laughed and said it was a good booth to get lost in-with so many fun things to look at. Then he and his wife moved on.

Both Eric and I were laughing to ourselves at how funny that was, and then we both realized, that neither of us were wearing anything volleyball related (since we play so much, usually one of us has a vball shirt on). How in the world did he know to say that? He seemed to think he knew us, and someone who does know us, knows about our love of volleyball...but we didn't know him!! How weird!!

We visited Town Peddler after that then on to Hobby Lobby and a trip through the parking lot at Ikea. There weren't any parking spots, so we decided to skip trying to fight the crowds. After that, we worked our way home stopping here and there, just hanging out, enjoying each other's company. I know these days are going to end soon. They are getting fewer and farther between, as the should, but I'm going to jump on it every time either he or his brother are willing to hang out with mom.

This is what my weekend looked like...



 Each metal basket was a quarter!! Each custard cup was thirty cents.


 Getting ready to spray the insides.

 All sprayed and hanging in the dining room. I'm looking for a small mirror to glue in the middle.




 New lights in the sun room!! Still need to paint the rings black, but that's going to be a project for another day.

 Today's only vintage treasure...the Friendship casserole on the bottom.

 A non-vintage treasure...that looks vintage!

I've been wanting a vintage one of these for a long, long time. I doubt I'll ever find one in my cheap-o price range,so when I found this one at Home Goods, I couldn't get it in the cart fast enough!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!! Next weekend I've got 4 different flea markets on my list...I wonder if I can make it to all of them... :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I almost bought that laundry cart at Home Goods last week. Now I'm thinking I should have!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete