Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

From Owosso to home and the stops in between...

After we left Owosso, we went to a few other places...

This is Yesterday's Treasures, located in Downtown Fenton.The day we went, 3 (I am assuming) staff members, were sitting at the counter (which is just to the left of the front door) and were eating a meal and visiting. It was REALLY awkward to walk in on their dinner/social hour. It kind of gave me a bad impression of the store. We didn't stay too long, and didn't buy anything. I have heard from friends that it usually is a good shop to visit...


This is Thimbleberry Antiques in Linden. Had a lot of new items as well as some antiques. It was a nice little shop, but not enough variety to make the drive very often.



This is Memories Antiques in Swartz Creek. It is a nice place to visit, I've been here a few times. It seems to have not changed since the last time I was there. I even pointed out to my husband several items that were there the last time I visited-a few years ago!



This is Carriagetown Antique Center in downtown Flint. Lots of things to see in this two story building. Friendly staff and pretty good prices.


This is R & J Needful Things in Flushing. I've visited here a few times. The building goes on and on and on. It is way bigger on the inside than what you expect when you pull up. There is an antique-looking, life-sized police officer mannequin toward the back of the building, sitting on a chair that, even though I know it is there, it always makes me jump!


This is IMN Antiques in Durand. The door said they weren't open on Tuesdays, but the sign said open, so we went in! Very small shop, but had some great prices. It seemed like they were liquidating or possibly going out of business-there was a lot of empty space.

All in all, it was a nice day to be out. You can't tell from the photos, but it was a sunny day, and a nice day to spend with my hubby. I think he had cabin fever too, to want to tag along with me for antiquing!! I don't know that I would go out of my way to visit any of these places again anytime soon. Not trying to be harsh-but there are just a lot of other places that I like better, and of course, there are way too many places I haven't visited yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment