Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A "Prince" of an Estate Sale...

Yesterday, Anne and I took off bright and early to check out an estate sale in Farmington Hills. We got there a little later than we had expected because my GPS decided to have a mind all its own and got us turned around!
When we got there, a line of about 20 or so people were waiting at the front door. I was very glad I decided to wear a coat! It was a cold Michigan day with temperatures only in the teens. Most days, I don't wear a coat, even in winter, because I tend to have a pretty warm internal thermostat. I was even thankful that I had a little pair of stretchy gloves since we had to stand outside for about 20 minutes before we got to go in! We both decided that our cheeks got wind-burned while we were waiting-now that's die-hard estate sale shopping!!
We both found some fun items, and decided this sale was a "prince". That is our rating system for sales and shops...because sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince and going to antique stores, garage sales, & estate sales can be like kissing a lot of frogs (when you don't find anything you can't live without, or at a price you are willing to pay)-looking for your prince (when you find good things at good prices).
On the way home, my GPS decided to go off on its own trip and we got all turned around...but we ended up for a quick lunch at a Sonic that was close to where I play volleyball on Wednesdays, so I was able to get us home.


These were my "treasures" of the day. A couple of vintage ladies hankies, a couple of purple afghans (that look like they've never been used) and (not pictured) a clear etched glass platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment