Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

You Can Learn a Lot From a Puppy!

We've had our little Lucy 7 months now, and I don't know how we ever got along without her! She has brought so much laughter, joy, and love to our house-it's unbelievable! Everyone, even Maddie our aging lab has benefited from this little bundle of fur. I've been watching her because she is so funny, you never know what she's going to do next, and I've learned a lot!

When she gets up in the morning, she takes a big, long stretch and jumps right into her day. She hops up and greets everyone in her family with a hello, and a big kiss. How many times have we been too tired, crabby or in a hurry in the morning to let our loved ones know we love them and we're happy to see them? Do we greet the people we meet during the day (like co-workers, store clerks, etc.) with kindness and a happy smile? Or do we buzz on by, in a hurry to get to our next task?

Everything she does, she does at 110%. Whether it's ripping up a piece of paper, shredding a pencil, pulling someone's shoes from their closet and dragging them to her treasure rug in the living room, or running and playing-she goes all out. How many times do we only put in a little effort, or only do as much as necessary to just get by?

When I come home at night, she flies to the back door, jumping up and down, barking, and yipping until I empty my hands and pick her up for some hugs and kisses. How often to we do that for our loved ones when they come home?

When she goes outside, she looks all around, sniffs the air, stretches, and even looks up into the sky. How often do we take the time to really look at and soak in our surroundings? Or even enjoy our surroundings? Sometimes, I don't even notice my surroundings!!

I've learned a LOT from my sweet, fluffy little puppy. I hope I can remember to be more like her!!




1 comment: