Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A quick trip to Treasuremart

I had an appointment today in Ann Arbor so on my way home, I stopped for a quick visit at Treasuremart. It was packed!! There was a long line out the door of Zingerman's (about a block away), and every parking space in the area was taken...until I found an amazing public parking lot that I've never even seen before!!

Just as I was parking, it started pouring like crazy, so I sat in the car until it let up, then walked the block and a half to Treasuremart. It was hard to move around in there. It was FULL of treasures and loaded with shoppers. I found a lot of fun things to look at, but nothing I couldn't live without. They had two full sets of Early American cinderella bowls, and a 441 yellow and black pyrex cinderella bowl.

They also had tons of vintage rolling pins, and a couch full of vintage typewriters. I saw a quilt in the basement that was really sweet, but it had too many loose stitches and too many threadbare spots to be able to come home with me. I would have expected a Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 to be a quite day/time to visit, but for some reason it wasn't.

I also stopped at Costco once I got closer to home, and it was like a Saturday morning! What's up with that? Is it a national skip work day? Is everyone but me on vacation? I still don't get it.

Oh well, to make a long story short...if you haven't been to Treasuremart in a while, you should stop in. They are loaded with treasures to look at and shop for





No comments:

Post a Comment