Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tyme Well Spent...

Today my boss took me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. She took me to a beautiful old Victorian house that had been converted into a tea room and antique shop. It is called Tyme Well Spent and it is located in Hartand, Michigan-in the old downtown area. 




This is just inside the front door-it's actually behind the door when you open it.


You are standing at the foot of these gorgeous stairs when you come in the front door.


This is looking in front the entryway into the main dining room.

This is standing on the stairs looking down into the entryway and the first dining room.

This is a shot looking into one of the three dining areas.

This is one of the tables.

First, they took our order for tea. It was $2.50 a pot and they had a HUGE full sized menu selection of teas We tried a vanilla pear tea (that was wonderful), and a chai vanilla, cinnamon tea (it was good, smelled like Christmas!). They served the tea in tea pots that sat on a base with a tea light candle warmer.

After the tea, they brought us pumpkin bread with a fancy dollop of butter and an orange slice on  a pretty red plate.


Next came the salad-served in a wonderful pink depression bowl. It was mixed greens with dried cherries, fresh strawberries, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette. 



The menu was very small, only 6 or 8 choices listed as titles without any description. The ladies at the table next to us got the chicken pot pie and it looked incredible! I ordered that, but they were all out, so I ordered the broccoli bacon quiche. It was very good! It too was served on depression glass. See the silverware??



The rooms were all decorated with antiques, the wood trim and doors were amazing! The baseboards had to be at least 9" tall!! I LOVE that look-I wish our house had baseboard trim like that!!!

After we ate and paid, we went upstairs to shop! The whole upstairs is filled with antiques that are for sale!!

This was at the top of the first landing.

This is at the top of the stairs. I turned right a little ways. the white wicker table with the hats is at the very top of the stairs. To the left of where I am standing is the railing for the stairs and they had old chenille bedspreads draped over it. I had to wipe away the drool when I saw them!


This was the first room. I only had my phone, so the picture isn't the best.

This is the second room and you can see the third room just beyond the second. For some reason, I forgot to take pictures of the third and fourth rooms.

Even the bathroom was decorated beautifully!!


Lunch was $10.95 each plus the tea. It was relaxing and wonderful to be surrounded with all of the antiques. I'm so glad she picked that place to take me today!!

I really like this place!! If you happen to find yourself in the Hartland area, make sure you call ahead to be sure they are open and make reservations-you won't be disappointed!!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY
    BIRTHDAY
    TO
    YOU!!!
    What a fun way to spend your birthday! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you bought yourself a little gift!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb!! My birthday was Sunday, so I got to pretty much have a birthday week!!! I didn't buy anything. It's hard to pay full price when I know I can find just about anything I want for my collections as garage sale or estate sale prices! It's ALWAYS fun to look though!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your birthday treat. What a lovely place for lunch, then browsing the antiques. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete