Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Do you know anything about buttons?

I found a tin of buttons that was given to me over a year ago. It got stashed away on a shelf in the spare bedroom, waiting for a day when I had some time to look through them. Today ended up being that day. It started off being a clean and organize the room day, but I got sidetracked when I found the tin of buttons and started looking through them.

Do you ever do that? Start off doing one thing, or having one plan in mind, and then mid-way through you get sidetracked and end up doing something totally unexpected? Or am I the only one? Sometimes I realize I am starting to get off track and can stop and get back on task, but not always-today is a good example of that!

I don't know a thing about buttons. Do you?  Are these just buttons to throw in a jar and sell the whole jar for one price, or are they worth sorting out and trying to sell them in small groupings?


 






These aren't buttons, but I got a chuckle out of reading the package...rust resistant...

 Open the package, and they're mostly rusted!

This was in the tin of buttons

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about buttons, either, though there's lots and lots to learn about them and the collectors really know their stuff. Yours all look pretty ordinary to me. It doesn't look like there are any bakelite ones or any fun 'novelty' figural ones, either. I'd guess they're the 'throw in a jar and sell as a lot' variety -- maybe a collector can give you more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out this blog: http://katherineuhrig.blogspot.com/ she seems to know a bit about buttons. You could also check out The Button Floozies blog: http://buttonfloozies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete