Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Another Place to Check-Out!

I've gotten a few emails from my blog friends telling me I needed to check out another antique mall in Howell called the Bird Cage Antique Mall. I hadn't heard of it, so when I went online to find it, I was pleasantly surprised to find it is housed in the old Touch of Country building on M59 just east of Latson Road.

I found their facebook page and an ad on Craigslist for their Cabin Fever Sale, so I decided to head over and check it out. I used to visit quite often when it was Touch of Country, and even a few times when it was confused and barely had anything in it so I was familiar with the building.

I was afraid I would be disappointed like I was back in the days of when someone was trying to make a go of it, but it seemed to be confused as to what it really was. I wasn't disappointed at all! As soon as I walked in the door, the man behind the counter greeted me with a friendly smile, and I felt welcomed right away. That isn't always the case in antique malls or stores.

I wandered around and was very glad that my blog friends recommended that I check it out! I got some fun things at great prices! One ad that I saw said it was an antique mall with garage sale prices. I wouldn't go that far. The prices seemed reasonable, and some were cheap, but don't go there expecting garage sale prices.

I even inquired about booth space, and found that their fees are about 1/3 of what I am paying now. They also are much smaller and I don't imagine they get the kind of traffic the mall where I am at right now gets. They were full right now anyway. It's something to think about though.

This is what I brought home-everything in the picture was less than $20.


No comments:

Post a Comment