Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

4 Friends and 2 Open Houses...

Today was a BIG day! My legs are t-i-r-e-d -and I still have to go play volleyball in about 3 hours! Four of us visited the open houses at Williamston Antiques Mall and Livingston Antiques Outlet. It was fun to have Connie along because this was her first time. It was fun to watch her see things and remember about her childhood, and it was fun to see what drew her eye.

I had a real struggle trying to decide whether I should buy a set of vintage Fiesta mixing bowls or not. I went back to the booth at least 6 times! I spoke to the dealer who owned the booth a few times. He had bowls #2, 3,4,5, and 6. They have been in that booth for at least a couple of years (I've been drooling over them that long!) at $325 for the set. Today they were on sale for $195, and he offered to go down to $175 for all five bowls.

That's a LOT of money for just a decorative bowl set! I texted Kevin and he replied "are you crazy?", and Auntie made a good point, part of the fun is the thrill of the hunt, and if I got all of them in one fell swoop-I wouldn't have anything to hunt for anymore! Plus, I could probably find them a whole lot cheaper if I was able to just stumble upon them at an estate sale or garage sale!

So I passed on them, and I really am surprised how easy it was-after all that hemming and hawing-I walked away and it wasn't the big gut wrenching, miserable let-down I was expecting. So I guess that means it was the right thing to do!

I didn't end up buying much today at either place, but it was a fun adventure, and I'm happy I went! Here are the treasures I came home with:

Some more ornaments to add to my jar.

 A glass Pyrex baster.

 A small yellow Fire King dish.

Wow! These are actually purple! Bad lighting can really change colors! These are Pyrex custard cups - in purple!

More knitting needles for mom-these are the last ones she needs-whew!
 And I picked up this little flyer...something to look forward to!

Did you get out to any sales this weekend? Tell me about your finds-I'd love to hear about them!!

2 comments:

  1. The Pyrex baster is really cool! I would've texted the same as Kevin! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vonlipi! Thanks for stopping by! LOL! I know-it would have been crazy to spend that much on as Kevin calls it "clay"! :) I'm happy with the decision I made to not get them.

    ReplyDelete