Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Rainy, Gloomy, Dark Day

With both boys gone to my parents in the U.P. it gets pretty quiet around the old house-and it stays clean! With nothing pressing to do around the house today, I decided to wander around a couple of my favorite antique places just to have something to do.
It was 47 degrees and pouring rain when I left. For a while, it was hard to even see the cars in front of me it was coming down so hard! The first place I stopped at used to be called "Startin' Antiques". Now it has new owners/operators and the name is now "Six Corners Antiques". The whole time I was there, it was just me and two other shoppers along with the two owners.

I found this amazing wall unit. I took pictures and measurements-I think something like this is just the thing for our sunroom, on both sides of the doorwall. Now the hard part is to convince Kevin to make them!



I found this Manhattan cream and sugar set, the white bowl and lid with a red stripe, and this small mixing bowl. The tag said it was Pyrex, but there aren't any markings on the bowl to either confirm or deny that-guess I'll have to do some research to find out for sure!





I went to Livingston Antiques and boy was it c-r-o-w-d-e-d! I kept hearing people say that they couldn't believe how big it was! There were also several people who either said they were lost, or that they had seen the same rows 3 or 4 times and couldn't figure out how to maneuver through the mall.

It's good to see new people coming and shopping there. It's a really nice mall! I don't quite understand how they were getting turned around though. It's pretty straight-forward with wide, long aisles. I went the opposite direction of what I usually go and I highly recommend for everyone to do this a couple of times a year. You get so used to seeing stuff in the same places if you go the same way every time you shop. When you go the opposite way, you find "new" treasures that have probably been there right along!

There were a few dealers cleaning out and packing up their booths. Some vendors who were there at the beginning of the month were gone, and some had rearranged everything, and brought in some new stuff. I didn't find anything that I couldn't live without, but I had a nice time wandering and looking!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you'd called me! I would have come out to play with you at a few antique malls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same kind of day, browsing the thrift stores. It was nice, after everything has been hectic. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete