Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Weekend!!!

I really love having Fridays off! I get so much accomplished on Fridays!! Then I have 2 more days to have more fun, or get more done! Today was a very productive day. I tore apart our linen closet and organized it like crazy!

I went and got a couple of the plastic 3 drawer organizers and now we can find everything we need! The top half of the closet is extra shampoo, conditioner, toiletries, bandaids, makeup, etc. and the bottom is towels and washcloths.

It was such a jumbled mess, I didn't realize I had 6 bottles of hairspray!! Now it looks like a grocery store shelf-lol! I LOVE it! I got a lot of housework done today as well-that always feels good, doesn't it? Not so much during, but when I'm all done, it's like a sigh of relief, and I wonder why I put it off for so long.

I had a nice lunch out with my oldest son at one of my favorite places, and when my younger son got home from school, we all went shopping for a wedding present for one of their close friends. We had a lot of fun scrambling all over Target trying to find the things on the registry that haven't been bought up yet.

Look what I found!! A glass milk carton for your coffee cream-how cool is that!?!
Too bad I don't drink coffee!

We ended up with some great things, and Adam wrapped them already! He called another buddy while we were shopping and asked if he'd like to go in on the gift too, so there are 4 people going in on it. I love hanging out with my boys!

We stopped to check to see if our tv has been repaired yet after Target, and they are still waiting on the part. It's been since February 25 that we've been waiting on the part. Since it is to replace a defective part, that was replaced a week before that, I can't do anything to speed up the process. They have my money, so if I take the tv, I lose.

After that, we stopped to pick up pizzas, and I had to wait so long, I was given a free bag of bread and sauce. I just realized that I didn't get a single piece! Oh, the joys of feeding young men!

While I was sitting in my favorite spot in the sun room, I noticed I had company...I looked out the window and saw this little guy staring back at me!


It's hard to tell, but it's a squirrel. My dumb phone, doesn't have a zoom. We don't get squirrels on a very regular basis, so it was a treat to see him! The girls didn't like it much, but I sure enjoyed it!

Thanks for all of the kind emails and comments about my grandpa's passing. It was a shock, that's for sure! I am so glad I stopped to see him when I was up there Easter weekend!

Thanks for all of the advice about being a picker! I don't know for sure if I'll do it or not, she seems to be looking for very high end linens and I just don't see that kind of stuff at the sales I go to, and I don't know if I'm interested in going to those types of sales. I guess if I come across her type of stuff, I'll pick it up for her, and work out a price from there, but I don't think I will go out of my way to make it happen.

Planning to have a quiet weekend...how about you??


No comments:

Post a Comment