Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Time to Slow Down...

The past few weeks have been crazy busy! Last Sunday's fundraiser dinner for our high school mission trip went really well. We had about 330 people attend and they were very generous. The teens did a great job with setting up, serving and clean up.I planned to take pictures, but forgot my camera in all of the busyness of getting it all set up and put together!

Monday night was the last night of volleyball for the league I play on at our church and it was kind of bittersweet. It was such a fun season this year, but it's nice to have one more free night a week now! Tuesday I skipped volleyball with Kevin and Eric to stay home and clean the house for my parents visit-they came Wednesday afternoon.

Wednesday evening was the last regular volleyball game for the league I play in that is in Walled Lake-I think my team locked in first place!! We went into the night being 7 games up from the two teams tied for second. We played one of the second place teams and took 4 out of the 5 games. The other second place team only took two games when they played. So, I think even if we lose every game in the play-offs in two weeks, that we still have taken first place-woo hoo!!!

Thursday, my Dad had a follow up appointment from his surgery (almost 2 months ago). He is doing so well, that they said he is at the stage now where they expected him to be at a year from now! That was really happy news for us all. The blood test revealed that they did in fact get all of the cancer-so that is the best news of all!!

While he was at his appointment, I went with my mom to visit her sister. She has had a rough go with cancer. Starting a little over 5 years ago, she lost a toe to melanoma. She was cancer free until this past fall when they found it spread and she had to have a chunk removed from her leg. She went this week for a CTscan and they found another spot...then yesterday morning the doctor called her to say, once they looked at previous scans, they realized that spot has always been there, and hasn't grown-so they aren't going to worry about it-they'll check it again in June-whew! What a relief!

As soon as Eric got out of school yesterday, he and my parents took off for their home in the U.P.-he is on spring break all next week. I wish they could come and stay longer than just long enough to go to their appointments or do the errands they need to do when they come down here! It goes by too fast!

I decided to skip sales today. Maybe I'll take Adam out to lunch...the house is clean, the laundry caught up, and with both boys gone last night we have leftovers for dinner tonight (that almost never happens in our house). I just have to make a big pot of soup for an event our church is having tonight called Simply Soup-a Lenten dinner for families. I'm making Enchilada Chicken soup. The recipe is from Taste of home. I made it while my parents were here (a quadruple batch) and it was gone by morning on Thursday! It's really easy-here is the recipe if you'd like to try it

Ingredients

  • 1 can (11 ounces) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 2-2/3 cups whole milk
  • 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
  • 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • sour cream I usually mix in a full container once the soup has come to a boil-it makes it nice and creamy

Directions

  • In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, chicken, enchilada sauce and chilies. Cook until heated through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 7 servings.



While I was at my aunt's house, she had me look through her china cabinet and pick a teapot. She has a huge collection of them and has decided to thin it out and wanted me to have one. This is the one I chose:



Now I'm off to make another quadruple batch of soup and run it to the church! Hope you are having a great Friday-I'll be stopping by your blogs to catch up on all that I missed this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! What a blessing that your aunt and dad have some good news about their health. Thanks for stopping by my blog....your life sounds incredibly busy! I hope LAO is busy this weekend. This cold weather can only help the antique malls, I'm thinking. People want to do stuff outside, but it's just too cold, so they have to go to the malls!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete