Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Family Update

Thanks so much for your prayers, comments and emails about my Mom and Aunt! My Aunt didn't get to come home on Wednesday, but she was home on Thursday and she looked WONDERFUL!!! They only shaved a small portion of her hair, and the rest of her hair was long enough that the incision was completely covered.  She goes back on Tuesday to find out the game plan for the rest of the tumors in her body-so prayers are still very much needed and very much appreciated!!

My Mom also had a great appointment on Wednesday. She found out she is in the very early stages of macular degeneration, although she is starting 10 years earlier than most people. The doctor was very thorough and very informative. She found out that on a scale of 1-10, she is at a 1! She got some great information, tips and advice as well as a treatment plan to try to slow the progression as well as things to do to make less strain on her eyes. She was very relieved when we met for lunch after her appointment. She is worried for me though, I guess blue-eyed blondes have a much greater risk of developing it, and especially since both of her parents had/have it and now her.

I'm not going to worry about it. If it happens, it happens-so far no signs of it. I get regular eye exams, so if symptoms ever show up, I'll deal with it then. All of your comments and emails felt like great big hugs, and they all meant so much-THANK YOU!!!

1 comment: