Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

YAYYYYY!

I got a #5 today!!! For those of you who aren't Fiesta fans, you're probably scratching your head about now and saying...huh? I'll explain! Today in the mail was a beautiful brown box with bright orange "FRAGILE" stickers all over it. It wasn't squished, smashed or missing corners,and when I picked it up, it didn't rattle.

Inside was a vintage Fiesta mixing bowl-a #5 (in a series of 7). My first #5, and the last bowl to my first set! As I was putting the whole set together Kevin watched me get some more bowls out and asked, "You've got 2 sets going?" Silly man! I actually had 3 sets going!! He just shook his head and asked, "Why?"

Hmmmm...why? I kept coming across bowls at super low prices, and couldn't walk away-that's why! It's the walking away part that I have a hard time with-although I've walked away this year from many that were in the 1-4 range (patting myself on the back-lol).

So, now I just need 2 more of #5, #6 and #7-ha! Notice the word "need"...my addiction is pretty bad! I should say, I'll be looking for the other bowls where ever I am at, and hopefully I'll find them in my price range-which is c-h-e-a-p-o, but for now, I am thrilled to have a #5 and a full set!

Full set of 7.


Two sets of 1-4.

Yeah, I know there are some scratches, flea bites and chips character marks, but I still love the bowls! When I told Adam I got a #5 today, he asked where? Taco Bell?-LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Fiesta and will grab it when I see it, but it sure is hard to find. You have a lovely collection going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely set! Now you'll have to get hot on the trail of finishing sets #2 & 3!

    ReplyDelete