Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Busy Rainy Saturday...

Today was a carry over from yesterday. Kinda gloomy and very humid when we first left the house, and by the time we got to the first sale it was starting to rain. We went to one that specifically listed vintage linens first! ;-) She had a lot of neat antiques, and pretty reasonable prices. I got a tablecloth and a dishcloth. She had a pretty neat I didn't get it...but it was only $15!!! I stayed strong and kept on walking-whew! I did it! I actually walked away! LOL!

After that, we went to an estate sale that Kevin wanted to go to because it listed "TONS of tools". The funny thing is...I found two tablecloths for $1 each and he didn't find anything he couldn't live without!

Then we went to a "HUGE" church fundraiser sale, with all proceeds going to an orphanage the church was helping out as a mission project. I found a Pyrex snowflake divided casserole dish for a quarter. We got there about 20 minutes after it opened and it was swarming with people-you could hardly move, let alone look at anything. It was fun though, because we ran into several people we know from volleyball and it was good to see them since we haven't seen them all summer.

Then we headed off to another estate sale offering tools...and once again...I scored-but Kevin didn't. I found the bottle above  and an enamel bowl $1 for both.

Poor Kevin. He decided we needed a trip to Menard's to make up for not finding anything good at the estate sales. By that time it was totally pouring, and since we really had nothing else to do-we headed off. We took the side roads to get there and even braved a couple sales along the way, but nothing really caught our eye.

We had a nice lunch out, then headed for home. While we were at Menard's I remembered a graduation open house we needed to go to at 3:00-and rather than go all the way home and back the way we were coming (20 minutes each way) to get to the party-I just bought another card at Menard's. That way we could stop on the way home. By the time we got half way to the party we had an extra hour to waste-so we stopped at an ice cream shop for Kevin and an antique shop with a flea market in their yard for me!

The party was nice-and the weather cleared up just in time! Now we are home, just hanging out for the evening. Adam and Matt are at their usual places in the family room in front of the t.v. and the Xbox. My parents and Eric are coming tomorrow, so I better get busy making up some beds! 

How was your Saturday??


  1. It's nice that your husband enjoys treasure hunting with you. It's nice to have a driver, especially if you have to make a lot of stops. Hopefully next weekend will be more fruitful for the hubs....

  2. LOL!
    Mitzi-he is the rider, not the driver-LOL! But it is fun to have him go along-although he gets tired of it too quickly for me!!